One of the downsides of doing business in today’s cyber world is that we are constantly under the potential threat of digital theft, having our websites and social media accounts hacked into and our business and personal data stolen or manipulated.
If you own anything where information can be viewed online like a website for your organization, then you need to carefully consider online security and the urgency of having an online security and data recovery plan.
As well as developing an online security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your data from errors that can result in losing data and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to completely restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that can only be appreciated after it’s too late.
You may also just want to save time. If your business involves setting up loads of websites or blogs, having an automated way to duplicate web site information from one website to another would be very convenient.
As the saying goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress blog, therefore, is not just important, it is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few site owners do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your website hacked, losing data, and making errors that ruin your site is all part of doing business online. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need a quick and easy way to recover lost data, get back an earlier version of your site, or even complete reinstall your site and previous information.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then there’s a simple and inexpensive plugin that lets you create backups of your WP database and site files, copy your website to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone & Protect Your WordPress Web Sites
The Backup Creator WordPress plugin is a “one-click” solution for backing up your sites, copying all of your websites and keeping your WP web sites protected.
After installing and activating Backup Creator on your WordPress website, you can easily configure the settings for the plugin. The plugin allows you to configure automatic backups, backups using email, backups using FTP, backups to the cloud, or remote backups using web hosting services such as Amazon (S3), Google Drive, and Dropbox.
For more details, visit the plugin site here: Backup Creator
Here are just some of the many benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Backup Creator is really easy to install. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your dashboard and activate.
Enter the license key and the application is ready to use.
Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the whole process of creating backups as well as restoring and protecting your blogs and WordPress websites very simple. Everything can be done in a few simple mouse clicks. No programming experience is necessary.
Saves Loads Of Time
Apart from saving time recovering your information should your site go through some kind of should your website or blog experience irreparable problems, Backup Creator is a massive time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar settings.
Once you’ve set up your master , you can instantly create as many copies as you need to any new sites you want to set up. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new sites.
Additional benefits include:
- Perform Large Backups: Often, owners of very large websites can experience problems with backups. Backup Creator customers report being able to easily perform data backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data depends on your hosting service and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be recovered should anything happen to your site is priceless, especially if your business depends on having your information available online.
Backup Creator provides many unique features to site owners. Here are just some:
- Instant Backup. Click 1 button to back up your entire website or blog. Once your site is backed up, you can then send it to the secure destination of your choice. Download the backup file to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP the backup offsite.
- Restore Instantly To Any Location. Instantly restore your site to any destination you like. You can clone files directly from another blog, upload via your internet browser or even transfer via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology enables unlimited deployment of pre-configured client sites in a few seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Once you set up your backup schedule, the plugin takes over and does the job automatically for you. There are no files to upload and no cron jobs or FTP is required. Just select your schedule and you are done.
- Backup With Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Manage, store, and restore all of your site backups in one single offsite location and from anywhere around the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once the plugin has been installed, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you want …
Below are a couple of the testimonials plugin customers have published about the Backup Creator plugin:
”I just want to say thank you for creating such a great & easy to use cloning plugin.” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
”I cannot believe someone created a WP Plugin to back up a WP site regardless of size and complexity! BUT, more important to me anyway – is that I am able to use it, I mean I’m not a coder/programmer, shit this is incredible – did I mention the most important part of the this plugin – it really truly works, as advertised.” Peter Trapanese, HelpfulRelationshipTips.com
”Now one of the 10 best software tools so far for WordPress!” David Povilaitis, SonomaRealEstate4U.com
Here are some great uses for Backup Creator:
Document Your Website Processes Live.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all the processes needed to make a website or blog work “just right”, or creating a blog setup manual, you can simply set up your website or blog exactly the way you want it, make a backup copy|make an identical copy of site and then restore it somewhere else and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several websites which include identical settings and configurations in other niche markets. This could be for a franchised food service outlet, or a real estate agency with offices in several locations, where each branch will run their own separate blog. Think of all the time spent tweaking and fine-tuning your discussion settings, widgets and sidebars, configuring different plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing your theme, etc. Now you can save loads of time and install a fully-functioning, completely configured blog every single time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup On A Different Blog With Correct Internal Links.
Simply downloading WordPress files and restoring WP file backups won’t duplicate your websites or blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WP database and make sure that your data references the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another domain, but still be pointing back to the old domain. This is why you need to have a backup plugin that has been specifically designed to clone sites. This allows you to perform a backup of site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all the themes, plugins, settings and configurations included, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your site did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair the problem, just make a backup of your files and database, delete everything, then restore a previous working copy. Your site is now up and running again and you can send the damaged site’s files to an expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to repair or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more final tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Website.
Imagine in a few years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your digital presence got started? Or maybe you’ve made things so complex and would like to return to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles or videos and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing content are almost negligible because you don’t need to worry about where everything is stored or organized. Just go back to the time when you remember you had that content, restore the backup (note: your backup can be anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WP plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free software updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 60 day, complete money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Lance was super-quick with a download issue” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
Product Licensing Pricing
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express Edition – Backup Creator Express allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal URLs that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as schedule automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer Edition – Backup Creator Developer allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also sell websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer edition is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Note: The cost to purchase the Backup Creator plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Currently, the software is being retailed for the pricing shown above. This may not be the actual pricing set by the plugin seller when you visit the plugin site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after you’ve purchased.
Check the plugin’s website for the latest pricing details:
For a demo video showing plugin usage, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website’s data and files is a vital part of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely duplicate your sites and pre-configured WordPress installations.
For this reason, we strongly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WordPress sites.
For full details, visit the plugin website here: Backup Creator – Backup, Clone And Protect Your WordPress Websites