WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
This article is part of a series of articles and tutorials designed to help you learn how to grow your business using a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven online marketing methods.
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Web traffic is the lifeblood of most businesses online.
Learning how to bring visitors to your website is one of the most important aspects of building a business online successfully. Lack of online visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Small Businesses Struggle To Bring Visitors To Their Websites?
If you type any of the searches below into Google …
- “how to bring web traffic to your site”
- “how can I drive more traffic to my website”
- “ways to drive traffic”
- “how to bring web traffic using SEO”
- “need more web site visitors”
… and you will find lists of pages containing information on different strategies to drive more website visitors …
(There are many methods to get more website visitors. In this article series you will learn how to set up a system to benefit from many of these traffic generation methods!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more traffic to your web site. There are thousands of products and free resources that can teach you strategies to increase visitors to your website.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate new traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your site to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows how most businesses typically approach the challenge of generating website traffic …
(This is how most small businesses approach the challenge of generating website traffic)
Essentially, the typical approach most businesses take is this: first, you build your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to it.
As you will see in just a moment, there is a better way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will take care of the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems set up to manage your traffic generation campaigns already. If not, you will probably end up investing a lot of time and money looking for a profitable traffic strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and systems in place, website traffic generation can end up being very costly!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting proper systems in place, testing variables in your campaigns, experimenting with different marketing and promotional services, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation strategies, etc.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Get Website Traffic?
Imagine if you owned a web site where all you had to do to automatically attract targeted visitors to your website was to regularly publish content to your website.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners already have some or all of the basic components in place for this to happen … and so can you!
In our Web Traffic Blueprint article series, you will learn how to create an automated traffic generation machine that can help begin delivering a stream of targeted traffic to your business, simply by publishing new content to your website on a regular basis.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic Generation System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for driving sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating data
- Add other traffic methods and test
(Getting web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online and implementing systems)
At this stage, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The purpose of this article is to help you set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation methods, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
You can achieve all of the above using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just add new content and WordPress does the rest, informing the world about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
An expertly configured WordPress website is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website or blog is a website or blog that is not only powered by the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the enormous power, ease-of-use and functionality of WordPress and its integration with other sites, specifically in areas like SEO, external site syndication, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Website?
We have published many detailed blog posts on this site about using WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress blog can create an automated traffic generation system requires several articles, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to this site (this way, we can let you know when new content on this topic is published).
Let’s start by addressing a couple of basic questions:
Why does it need to be WordPress? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many web sites are built on platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the web files just sit inside a server waiting to be discovered. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside its application; it doesn’t send out ’pings’ to anybody in the cybersphere or inform any other site that new content has been added.
Think about it … if in a static website, all of the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the web site owner has to continually keep promoting their website and its content to maintain web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application comes with default functionality that gives site owners the ability to set up, configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is publish new content and your website will then do the rest, instantly notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to automatically start generating you new web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just publish content and your website does the rest, notifying the world about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The WordPress Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of your automated traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for best results.
- Automate – Your traffic machine requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also an expert integration of your site’s built-in functionality with third-party tools and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your site with various third-party services, you simply begin publishing new content on a regular basis and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content publishing strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can then begin measuring and understanding your incoming traffic and gather valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions as you expand to different traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section One
To read the rest of this article, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of articles designed to help website owners learn how to grow their business online and drive traffic sustainably using a WordPress-driven website and proven web marketing methods.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published!
"I have used the tutorials to teach all of my clients and it has probably never been so easy for everyone to learn WordPress ... Now I don't need to buy all these very expensive video courses that often don't deliver what they promise." - Stefan Wendt, Internet Marketing Success Group