Do you have an effective online reputation management strategy in place?
In this article, you will learn about a simple yet effective WordPress plugin that can help you avoid the escalation of negative reviews about your business through effective user review management.
Let’s Review …
Power Online Reviews – WordPress Plugin For Managing Customer Feedback
Power Online Reviews – Plugin Description
Power Online Reviews is a simple to install tool for WordPress users that allows you to legally and ethically manage user reviews, and give your business a boost.
According to a study by eVoc Insights, a company known for researching and measuring user experience, 63% of users indicate they are more likely to purchase from a site if it has ratings and reviews.
Power Online Reviews encourages positive reviewers to add reviews to 3rd-party review sites like Yelp, Trip Advisor, Yell.com etc. Negative user experiences are filtered on the website for attention by the business owner.
This simple screening process helps to create more third-party reviews that are positive and improves user satisfaction where the service has fallen down.
According to a study by Michael Luca, a professor at The Harvard Business School, “a one-star increase in Yelp ratings can lead to a 5-9% increase in revenue for the business”.
(Source: Official Yelp Blog)
How It Works
The plugin automatically generates a review form for your site upon installation and activation.
Ask users to rate your business. (Screenshot sourced from Power Online Reviews )
The form is uncomplicated for customers to fill in. Users enter their name and email address (phone number is optional). They are then asked to rate your product with a one-click rating feature and submit their response.
Positive User Rating
Customers rate your products with a simple 5-star rating system. (Screenshot source: Power Online Reviews website)
Users who leave good ratings (e.g. “4″) are invited to add a review to one or more third-party review sites (you specify which 3rd-party review sites to display) …
Users who leave positive feedback are invited to write a review on a 3rd-party review site. (Image source: Power Online Reviews website)
Clicking on the icon or logo takes your user to the third-party review site where they can then leave their positive review of their experience with your business, services and products …
The plugin sends customers who leave positive feedback to your third-party review pages. (Image: Power Online Reviews website)
What Happens When Customers Submit Negative Feedback?
Negative feedback can have a serious impact on your business if issues are not immediately addressed. (Source: Power Online Reviews )
When users submit poor ratings (e.g. ”2″), they are not sent to 3rd-party review sites.
Instead, the review is saved locally, giving you the option to engage with the user and hopefully turn them back into happy users.
The plugin captures poor feedback from visitors on your site. (Product screenshot sourced from plugin website)
Go here to learn more about the plugin: Power Online Reviews
Benefits Of Using Power Online Reviews
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Power Online Reviews to manage customer reviews on your website:
Be Up And Running In Very Little Time
Power Online Reviews is quite easy to install. Simply upload a zip folder containing the plugin files to your Plugin folder via your dashboard and activate.
Really Simple To Use
As shown in the previous section, the plugin automatically generates a review form on your site upon installation and activation. All that’s required after this is customizing your form settings and you’re good to go.
Prevention Is Better Than The Cure
Negative feedback can seriously kill your reputation. Good feedback can boost revenues.
If, for any reason, your service has fallen below acceptable standards, you want to know about it a.s.a.p., so you can repair any damage before things get worse.
Additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Repair Any Existing Damage: If you have any existing bad reviews, you can begin to repair the damage ethically by increasing the number of positive reviews being made to third-party review sites and preventing bad reviews from spreading.
- Increase Targeting Of User Reviews With Confidence: Once you have an effective process in place to filter bad customer reviews and allow only positive comments about your business, products and services to get through, you can confidently increase your campaigns and client requests for feedback on your site.
Power Online Reviews offers many great features to site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Collect customer feedback easily.
- Centrally manage customer feedback on local business website.
- Ethical management of good and negative reviews.
- Good reviewers are automatically prompted to submit a review to 3rd-party review sites.
- Negative reviews are ”quarantined” for the attention of business owner.
- Forms are fully responsive and can be used on any computer, tablet, or smart device.
Your visitor feedback is centrally stored in the Feedback Management section. (Source: Power Online Reviews )
Click on an entry to view visitor comments. (Product screenshot: Power Online Reviews website)
- Forms are instantly generated as soon as you activate the plugin.
- Review forms are completely editable.
- First Review Form: Add business image. Customize title/prompt and default formatted text. Edit form colour background and border, submit button colour and text.
- Follow Up Review Form- Add in your 3rd-party review site names (e.g. Yelp, OpenTable, Yellow Pages), logos, user account URLs (i.e. the URLs visitors go to leave a review about your business) and specify whether to display on your form or not. You can store up to 5 review sites.
- Good Review Form – Add custom text to review form. Change submit button background and text color
- Bad Review Form – Add custom text to review form. Change color of submit button background and text
- Ratings Section – Select which rating level or higher will be regarded as being a “good” review (e.g. “3″). Everything below this level will be deemed a “bad” review and captured feedback management area, so your visitors will not be asked to proceed to the 3rd-party review sites). Other editable features of this section include the submit button background color, and submit button text color.
Your review form is fully editable. (Source: plugin website)
The plugin was mainly for WordPress users. If you do not have a WordPress site as your main website, you can still benefit from the plugin by installing WordPress and the plugin on a subdomain or subfolder of your domain (e.g. “mydomain.com/feedback”) and adding links to this “feedback” section from your main site.
Power Online Reviews Plugin Support
This plugin was developed and is maintained by Tony Marriott, an experienced software developer, and is backed by a risk-free, thirty day, complete refund guarantee.
- Single – Can be installed on one domain that you own. Cost = $9.75
- Multi-User – Can be installed on multiple sites that you own. Cost = $29.00.
- Developer Licensing – Can be installed on all sites that you own. Install the plugin on all client sites for payment or as part of a paid service. Can be sold with site installation (transferring single user license). Cost = $37.00.
Please Note: The cost to purchase the product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The pricing above was correct when this article was published. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the product author when you visit the product website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For ”how-to” videos showing how the plugin works, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, contact details and more, visit the Power Online Reviews website.
Many businesses all over the world are currently ignoring opportunities to attract new customers and retain existing ones because they are still ignoring their online reputations. Power Online Reviews offers a simple way to manage customer reviews on your site.
For complete details, visit the plugin website: Power Online Reviews – Easy User Reviews Management Plugin For WordPress