The ability to track, monitor and view visitor behavior is most important to your online success.
The old business management saying ”you can’t manage what you can’t measure” is as important today as always. If you don’t know what is going on on your web pages, then how will you get better results?
Website users have been searching for practical ways to track and analyze what visitors are going to do in their sites since web sites first appeared. From simple tracking counters, to sophisticated statistical tracking software like Google Analytics and other applications that can track and display an exceptional amount of metrics.
Tracking visitor behaviour is important for a successful digital presence, not just because it allows you to understand what visitors are doing so you can improve your performance, but it’s also been shown over and over that previous visitor behavior is the most reliable way to predict future behavior. Better, in fact, than consumer demographics.
While being able to monitor key details like the number of visitors are arriving on your web site, which pages they are arriving on and departing from, how long they are staying on your website for, keywords searched, page views, referring pages, and so on, is highly essential, wouldn’t it be great to track exactly what visitors are clicking on, where on your site they are navigating through for the longest periods, what links they are clicking on, what areas of your content visitors are pausing on, and more?
Fortunately, heatmap technology makes this easy. Web heat maps have been used to display areas on a web page most frequently scanned by online visitors. Web heat maps can also be integrated with other forms of web analytic software and session replay software.
If you own a WordPress web site, then it’s easy to add heat map tracking and recorded session replays to your business tool box with a simple to use and inexpensive WordPress-compatible software.
HeatMapTracker – Live Click Tracking & HeatMap Tracker
Heat Map Tracker is technically not a WordPress plugin, but a software that is compatible with WordPress (and other web applications) and that lets you visually track your site visitors’ complete journey and generates live heat maps showing precisely where they are clicking and where they scroll throughout your website.
HeatMapTracker application allows you to see your website from your visitor’s unique point of view.
More info: Heat Map Tracker
Benefits Of Using HeatMap Tracker
The more information you have about how your visitors are engaging with your website, the more you can improve your website’s user experience. Imagine knowing the obstacles that prevent your users from fully engaging with your site, like unclear site navigation layouts, or disruptive ads. As a website owner, you can encourage your readers to complete certain actions, such as opt into your newsletter or click on certain links or buttons.
While Google Analytics has its overlay feature that can show you what links on your page are being clicked, a heat map can show you any clicks that users are making on your page, regardless of whether these are links or not. This is an important difference because if a heat map report helps you discover that readers are clicking on a graphic element which they imagine to be a link, but turns out not to be a link, you can easily edit this by adding a link to the image, or make it perfectly clear to your users that the image is not a hyperlink.
Heatmaps, therefore, are one of the most useful ways to test your site design, see how navigatable your site is and improve conversions.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Heat Map Tracker to track user behavior on your website:
See Everything Users Do On Your Site
HeatMap Tracker creates a screen video of every browsing movement on your web site, allowing you to view all which page elements are being clicked, eye-tracking and scrolls.
Full Control Without Limitations
The application allows you to self-host the technology, giving you no restrictions on recordings and playbacks.
Lifetime Updates And Enhancements
There is a one-off investment to purchase the software, after which you are then entitled to receive unlimited application updates and new features for free.
Additional benefits of the HeatMap Tracker software include:
- Improve User Experience: By seeing how visitors navigate your website, you can uncover issues that prevent users from taking desired actions and optimize your site.
- No More Guessing Visitor Behavior: The screen video recordings of your visitors’ browser sessions allow you to understand exactly what is happening on your web pages. Overlays let you know exactly which links and buttons visitors click on, where they are drawn to most on your site, how long they browse on a specific section, how fast they navigate down your site and more! No more guessing or hoping … just real evidence of what takes place when visitors land on your website.
- Increase Visitor Engagement: HeatMapTracker helps you increase visitor engagement with your business, which increases your sales and conversion rates. There are a number of ways to achieve this and we’ll present some of these in the “Tips” section later in this review.
HeatMapTracker includes many features for WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Quick and simple to install and set up. Goes to work in minutes.
- View heat maps by mouse-clicks, eye-tracking and scrolls. Track whether people are clicking your links, buttons, images and call to actions, see which areas of your sales copy visitors eyes are drawn to and see how far down your sales or product pages your users read down to as an average of how long your web copy can keep them interested. HeatMap Tracker lets you analyze every single user session to help you understand how they are interacting with your website or specific pages on the site.
- Unlimited visitor recording and visitor session playbacks. Are you required to provide reports to your CEO, Chief Digital Officer or stakeholders about your website’s performance? With HeatMap Tracker you can measure user sessions on your pages for a few days, a few weeks, a month, or more!
- In-depth analytics. HeatMap Tracker lets you see deep analytics and at-a-glance statistical reports with a summary of each project. Overview stats lets you see how many total visitors, tracked pages and all sessions Heat Map Tracker has recorded for all projects. You can quickly view the top pages your users are gravitating towards and how they are interacting with each page’s content, allowing you to invest more time on the content that your users are more interested in. You can also view regional demographics of your visitors and discover where they are visiting from.
Additional software features:
The image below shows how HeatMapTracker compares against alternative heatmap analytics services like CrazyEgg and Clicktale:
Below are just a few of the testimonials and comments that users have provided for HeatMapTracker:
“This plugin is the ultimate tool if you need to analyze your site visitors behaviour, including clicks, pages visited, time spent on each page, and a load of other details.” Tudor Pangal, Dream.Decide.Act.Succeed.
“HeatMapTracker is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you analyze where visitors on your website click, most of all you can see exactly what your visitors doing.” Towhid Zaman, CEO & Founder at DevsCraft, LLC
“HeatMap Tracker is a product you HAVE to own – and you probably don’t even realise it yet – how will you know what isn’t working on your website unless you can track it? This one product has allowed me to get the “edge” on my competitors – don’t let your competitors beat you to it.” Gordon Drayson, Gordon Drayson OnlineBookingAssistant.com
HeatMap Tracker Tips
Here are just some of the ways you can use HeatMapTracker on your web site to improve your business:
- Discover what works (i.e. where visitors click) and what’s not working (where people aren’t going to). For example, are visitors watching your videos? Are they clicking on graphic elements believing that they are links to somewhere else?
- Get practical data on ways to improve your landing pages, sign up forms, sales funnel, navigation, etc.
- Get useful data on ways to create A/B split testing to improve results
- Get ideas prior to and during a website makeover, or if you decide to use a new WordPress theme for your site.
- Create “above the fold” testing to improve your landing page’s visitor impact, or optimize the impact of the landing page’s real estate elements on your visitors, such as banners, navigational links, buttons, headlines, etc…
- Identify whether any section of the content could be inserted, rearranged, or removed.
- Produce “before” and “after” case studies for web services.
- Analyze if visitors tend to click images versus buttons versus text links, and how particular user segments engage within your site.
- Investigate confirmed site security threats or vulnerabilities.
HeatMapTracker is part of the Digital Kickstart Group owned by Mark Thompson, a respected internet marketer with a solid reputation for providing great products and customer support. The product download area includes video instructions for installing and configuring the software.
HeatMapTracker is available in three versions:
- Basic License – Single domain only. Cost = $197.00 Single Payment.
- Professional License – Licensed for up to ten sites. Cost = $297.00 One-time.
- Agency (Whitelabel License – In addition to all of the features available in the other editions (click-tracking, heatmaps, session recording, unlimited recording / page views, unlimited updates and enhancements and professional support), the Agency license allows you to install the software on as many sites as you need, create sub-accounts for clients, and set up automated PayPal client invoices, making it ideal for web marketing service providers. Price = $497.00 One-time.
Please Note: The cost to purchase the HeatMapTracker product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The pricing above was current when this review was published. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin developer when you visit the website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Software Info
For a video demo of the software in action, including instructions and tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the HeatMap Tracker software website.
Services like Google Analytics can give you some useful metrics on things such as the number of people coming to your pages, how they are finding it and what they do during their visits. However, to really gain deeper insights into how your site and its content is being used by your visitors to connect with your digital presence, then a heatmap analytics service can be a great way to do this.
We recommend that you consider buying a copy of Heat Map Tracker if you want live heatmaps and accurate visitor recordings with detailed user-behavior analytics & conversion optimization to help you improve user-experience, engagement and for increasing your sales of your products or services.
For full details, check out the software here: Heat Map Tracker – Real-Time ClickTracking & Heat Map Tracking Plugin