Your internet presence needs to comply with a number of laws and regulatory guidelines, some of which you are probably not even aware of.
Being non-compliant not only puts you at risk of suffering significant financial loss, but also the loss of your reputation. Why risk your money and your business reputation, when you can protect yourself so inexpensively?
In this post, we review a simple and easy-to-use WordPress solution that can help make your site compliant in minutes.
Does Your Website Or Blog Comply With All Legal Requirements?
As the cybersphere continues to grow at an extraordinary rate and rules are constantly changing, it’s important to stay on top of what’s happening and to make sure that your website or blog remains compliant, especially if your web presence is a significant part of your business strategy.
Plus, you may also be inadvertently leaving yourself open and vulnerable to being exploited by opportunistic people or organizations.
At the very least, if your web presence is not compliant, visitors could lose trust and confidence in your business.
(In addition to legal and regulatory compliance, most 3rd-party websites require you to comply with their policies!)
Legal Disclaimer: Please note that we are not lawyers and we offer no legal advice on our website.
The purpose of this article is to make you aware that:
- Your website could be subject to many legal requirements in accordance with the laws and regulations that govern your business (some of which you may not even be aware of),
- How important it is to maintain compliance with the terms of service of third-party providers whose products or services you may be offering or endorsing in your website, and
- There are plugin-based solutions for WordPress site owners that can help your website become more compliant, such as the tool that we discuss in this post.
If you suspect that your website falls short in terms of compliance, there is a simple plugin for WordPress sites that you should know more about.
Our WordPress Plugin Of The Month Is …
Compliance Bar Plugin – Website Compliance Plugin For WordPress
Compliance Bar is a simple and easy-to-use plugin for WordPress-driven websites containing over twenty customizable compliance pages for your online presence …
For more details go here: Compliance Bar Plugin
Here are just some of the benefits of using Compliance Bar to instantly make your site legally compliant:
Be Up And Running In No Time
Compliance Bar is quite easy to install. Just upload a zip folder containing the plugin files to your Plugins folder via your WP dashboard and activate.
Compliance Page Templates Are Easy To Edit
Easily make changes to the prebuilt templates inside Compliance Bar from the settings menu with the visual editor.
Dedicated Plugin Support
The plugin developers provide a dedicated team to help users.
Some additional benefits include the following:
- Customized Legal Templates: The plugin will create your legal pages in seconds and customizes them to your business and website.
- Video Training: Compliance Bar is not complicated to use and a full library of training videos is provided if you need assistance.
- Use In All Countries: As long as you consult a qualified legal representative to ascertain if the templates provided in the plugin are suitable and satisfactory for your business, country and website, you can use the plugin wherever you are located.
- Use For All Niches: As long as your site is powered by WordPress, you can use the plugin for every website purpose. Select only the types of disclaimers that suit your particular business model (e.g. affiliate or CPA marketing, services, AdSense, AdWords, adult, medical, etc) and leave out any templates that are not required.
Compliance Bar offers many features to WP users. Below we have listed just some:
- Fast and easy to install and set up. Ready to start using in very little time.
- Display Visually Appealing Icons – Compliance Bar will display links to your compliance pages in the form of attractive icons that can be placed anywhere in your page. You can also upload your own icons.
- Display Restricted Content – If your website includes content that needs to be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. information related to alcohol, tobacco, adult, etc.), you can display pop-ups that force users to accept your terms or disclaimers.
- EU User Cookie Compliance – If your business is based in the EU or display your content to EU visitors, you need to be aware of EU compliance laws. Compliance Bar displays an attractive bar that notifies users and protects your site from non-compliance issues.
- Records And Stores IP Acceptance – The plugin records the IP addresses of your visitors for reference, just in case a user accepts your terms or disclaimers and then claims otherwise.
- Shortcodes – The plugin is integrated with shortcodes that populate the templates with your personal information. These shortcodes also allow you to place information anywhere on your website, (including the popups).
- Works On All Mobile Devices – The plugin has individual settings for displaying on mobile devices and can display mobile optimized icons automatically depending on visitor mobile browsers.
Using The Plugin
After installing and activating the plugin, users will then get access to a section where the plugin’s settings can be configured.
Let’s briefly review these sections …
There are a number of default fields in this area where your business details can be entered (e.g. “Contact Name,” “Registered Company Address,” “Company Phone Number,” “Refund Period,” etc.). Not all categories are required, but some are (e.g. “Business Name,” “Company Address,” etc.)
(Compliance Bar User Profile Screen – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
The Compliance Bar Plugin uses dynamic shortcodes to insert the information from your User Profile fields in your page templates …
(Compliance Bar User Profile Section: Shortcodes – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Once the minimum required information has been input into the plugin settings fields, you can then access the other sections of the plugin.
The “Compliance Pages” area contains all of the templates …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Legal Pages – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
Below is the complete list of template pages made available by the Compliance Bar plugin when we last checked their website:
- About Us
- AdSense Disclaimer
- Affiliate Agreements
- Affiliate Disclosure Statement
- Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer
- Anti-Spam Policy
- Contact Us
- Copyright/DCMA Notice
- Double Dart Cookies
- Earnings Disclaimer
- External Links Policy
- FTC Statement
- Legal Disclaimer
- Linking Policy
- Medical Disclaimer
- Returns/Refund Policy
- Terms & Conditions
- Testimonial Disclosure
- Adult Content Disclosure
You can easily and quickly create compliance pages for your site simply by selecting check boxes and clicking the “Save” button at the bottom of the “Create Pages” tab …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Compliance Page Templates – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Your legal pages will then be created and added inside the “Pages” section of your WordPress site.
Compliance Bar Icons
The plugin is installed with a default set of icons for referencing your legal pages …
The icons are customizable. You can purchase additional icons from the plugin developer, or create/upload your own to match the style of your theme …
(Compliance Bar: Compliance Template Icons – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
Edit / Delete Legal Templates
You can easily edit and delete your compliance disclaimers in the “Compliance Pages” screen, just like any typical page in WordPress …
(Compliance Bar Plugin: Edit Compliance Pages – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
- Editing is recommended, as the pages contain generic content.
- The plugin indicates if it detects existing similar pages on your site (e.g. pages created before you installed the plugin).
The plugin offers various options to customize the Compliance Bar, including position, displaying links or icon images, background colors and images, image size, selecting which pages should be included in the Compliance Bar, whether or not to display the Compliance bar on your main page, which pages the Compliance Bar will display in, mobile settings, and offset distance …
(Compliance Bar Screen: Create Bar – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
- You can create more than one Compliance Bar to display different icons on different pages, or to cover a multitude of uses throughout your website.
- The plugin lets you display a Compliance Bar on the main page of your site, even if you are using particular theme frameworks (e.g. Genesis, Thesis or Woo), where the home page is specifically configured through the theme settings as a built-in template, and not as a “regular” WordPress page.
- Due to the smaller size of mobile devices, you can only select up to a certain number of page icons to display if you turn Mobile Settings “on.”
Once you have configured your Compliance Bar settings, it will display links to your legal through a visually appealing icon bar on your site …
You have complete control over the location on your pages where you would like the compliance bar to appear …
If you plan to publish content that needs to be restricted to certain age groups (e.g. content related to alcohol, ecigs, adult, etc.), Compliance Bar can display popups that require users to accept your site’s terms and disclaimers.
The “Create Pop Up” area lets you fully customize your pop ups …
(Pop Ups Screen: Create Pop Up – Image sourced from plugin documentation)
You can create a number of Pop Ups for different pages, or to cover a range of uses in different sections of your website …
You can also specify a delay time to prevent a Pop Up from displaying immediately, set a cookie duration to prevent Pop Ups from appearing again within a specific time interval, and store the IP addresses of visitors who accept your terms and disclaimers for future reference …
(Pop Ups Section: IP Log Details – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
If you do business in Europe or display your content to EU visitors, you must make users aware of your user cookies and notify them of how you use them …
The plugin lets you customize the settings for compliance with EU User Cookies requirements, including the wording of your notification message and link text in the “EU Cookies” area …
(EU Cookies Section: Manage Settings – Screenshot source: plugin documentation)
Compliance Bar has a non-intrusive way of notifying your visitors and covering you from non-compliance.
The “Page Templates” screen, lists all of your legal page templates and shortcodes, and lets you modify their content …
The “General Settings” area, lets you access general information, such as promoting and sharing the plugin and getting plugin update notifications …
Here are a few of the testimonials that plugin users have published about the Compliance Bar Plugin plugin:
“1000% Highly Recommend This” Anthony La Rocca – Founder (Hustle Marketing)
”I Highly Recommend Compliance Bar” Tony Grant (Portfolio Sports)
Below are some useful ways you can use The Compliance Bar Plugin:
- Display compliance icons on specific pages only.
- Reducing refund disputes by clearly spelling out refund terms before purchase.
- If you have content for adults only on your website, you can force visitors to click to confirm that they are of legal age to access your content.
Compliance Bar Product Support
Plugin Developers provide users with a dedicated support team to help users if they experience any problems. Plugin users also have access to full video training.
Additionally, your purchase is backed by a no-risk, thirty day, 200% refund guarantee. If your copy of Compliance Bar does not work within 30 days of purchase and it cannot be fixed within 48 hours (M – F), the plugin developers will refund double the cost of purchasing.
- Single License Edition – Can be installed on one of your own domains. Price = $37 (Normally $127)
- Business – Can be installed on 25 domains that you own. Price = $67.00 (Normally $197).
- Developer License Edition – Install the plugin on all sites that you own. Can be installed on any client site for payment or as part of a paid service. Price = $97.00.
Note: Pricing for Compliance Bar depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. The above reflects the current pricing at the time this article was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing set by the software developer when you visit the product site and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Compliance Bar – WordPress Plugin For Website Compliance
Compliance Bar Plugin – Additional Information
Legal Templates Reviewed By Lawyers – The plugin developers state on their website that all legal page templates have been reviewed and approved by a lawyer. Nonetheless, we strongly recommend that you get advice from a qualified legal expert in your area for your peace of mind.
For a demo video showing plugin usage, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, contact details and more, visit the Compliance Bar Plugin website.
Install The Plugin
Compliance Bar is an easy-to-use, simple and cost-effective solution for WordPress-driven websites and blogs. We recommend downloading and installing this plugin for WordPress users if you want immediate peace of mind and legal protection.
For complete details, check out the plugin here: Compliance Bar Plugin – Compliance Bar Plugin – WordPress Plugin For Website Compliance
Note: Once again, please note that we are not lawyers and we are not offering legal advice on this website. You must do your own due diligence and consult a legal expert about the best way to ensure that your website fully complies with all legal requirements in your country or region.