Co-ordinating event registrations is a time-consuming process. You may be required to manage scheduling, dates, attendee numbers, data administration, payment processing and invoicing, confirmations, reminders, cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and delivering tickets to event registrants.
There are lots of benefits to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and lower expenses, help you easily copy settings for previous events, give you more control, improve client experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that this can be expensive.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered site, you can easily install a very inexpensive and professional online event registration system.
The Event Espresso online event registration plugin for WordPress enables you to easily create your event and start receiving registrations in just a few minutes.
(Event Espresso lets you set up multiple events and process online event bookings)
Event Espresso is a flexible and feature-rich plugin that gives you complete control of the event registration management process.
Event Espresso lets you customize registration forms
You can use a number of event registration strategies, from simple online registration and straight up selling tickets, to setting up custom registration forms in order to better understand your attendees, or integrating your event registration forms with social media and autoresponders.
Access detailed information about event attendees
Important: At the time of writing this review, Event Espresso provides two different versions of their software: EE 3 and EE 4. The new EE 4 is impressively different than the older EE 3, as it has been revamped using a different structure to accommodate future expansion. The EE 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The company plans to eventually move completely to Event Espresso 4, so keep this in mind as you learn more about this plugin.
To learn more about the plugin go here:
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your web site:
Hands-Free Event Registration Management And Ticketing Solution
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing website or blog into a feature-rich and professional event management website … from custom registration forms and automated response emails, to attendee limits, multiple pricing levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and seating charts.
Increased Business Productivity
By using an online event registration solution like Event Espresso, you save time and improve your business productivity by virtually eliminating the chore of processing registrations and bookings manually.
Essentially, you are facilitating participants to perform the enrolment process themselves.
Letting your clients to do all of the data themselves frees up your time and lets you direct more attention on organizing a more unique event.
Full Control Over The User Experience
As you will discover in a moment, Event Espresso gives you more control over the event management process that you want your clients to experience.
Some additional benefits of the plugin include:
- Less Costs: Event Espresso gives you a very inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to other options or using a 3rd-party service provider. This is made possible through a model where you start with the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and then buy optional addons when you need new features.
- More Sales: Event Espresso allows you to accept new registrations any time of day or night. Not only that, but, Event Espresso social sharing and marketing features and addons (see below) let people interested in attending your event share your information with friends who may also be interested in attending.
- Green Event Sign Up Process: With Event Espresso, your event sign up process can be completed wholly online, reducing traditional paper consumption from tasks related to administration.
- Own Your Information. You own all the information obtained from event attendees.
Event Espresso delivers functionality to end-users via built-in features (these are included with the plugin) and additional features that users can purchase, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides many built-in to WP users. Here are just some of these:
- Fast and simple to install and configure. Ready to use in minutes.
- Multiple Dates and Times Per Event. In Event Espresso 4, events can have multiple dates and times (called datetimes), which these can be managed from one single event.
- Custom Notification Email Message. Easily set up automated registration and payment notification email messages to communicate with your customers.
- Tax Administration Options. Event Espresso 4 provides several options to handle taxes for an event and provide reports of tax fee components to registrants who purchase tickets. Event managers can administer taxes globally and on a ticket-by-ticket basis.
- Smart Single Page Checkout Process. The Event Espresso 4 checkout process is smart, fast and intuitive. Registrants are given the option to automatically copy the primary attendee’s registration details for any added participants.
- Spam Protection. Prevent the chance of spammers and bot software programs creating false registrations on your web site by using reCAPTCHA option to provide human validation.
- Discount & Promotional Codes. Leverage promotion and discount codes to encourage visitors to make a purchasing decision immediately, or make your offerings more appealing for others. Also useful if you want to sell out events close to timelines.
- Event Check-In List. Generate a list of event attendees and check-in those who have attended.
- Waiting Lists. Prospective attendees can subscribe to a waiting list if your event is sold out. You can also make it a requirement waiting list members pre-pay if you plan to add more capacity for your event.
- Private Contact Comments. Record comments about users on their profile. Private commenting helps you keep records of when users contacted you, your internal observations, and how you’ve interacted with them.
- Draft (status) Events. Draft events let you develop an event page in your own timeframe without publishing it to your site. You can work on your events until you are ready to go live, or schedule to publish your event page at a future time and date.
- Country Settings. You can configure the country and currency settings to be used throughout Event Espresso, such as currency name, currency signs, decimal signs, characters and places, country codes, states or provinces, and so on.
- Upload Event Information. Event Espresso 4 provides a CSV-based importing capability that allows you to upload bulk event data all at one time. You can export, edit and upload data for events, datetimes, ticketing details, pricing, registration questions, venues, terms, taxonomies, term relationships and more.
- WYSIWYG Editor. Event Espresso uses the native WP WYSIWYG editor, allowing you to quickly and easily add images and format your event descriptions without having to learn HTML or CSS, just like any WP post or page.
- A Community Of Event Experts. Event Espresso provides users with access to an expert community of experienced event managers and plugin users. You can network with other members of the Event Espresso community through their community chat room, user support forums, job board, and social media pages on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Google+.
- Invoice Payment Reminders. Follow-up potential registrants who have not made payment for their admission with a standard but personalized invoice with one click of a button. Your invoices will address pre-registered participants who have not paid their registration yet by name, give them the amount they owe, and include a link to the event, a payment url and a url where they can download a PDF invoice.
- Categorize Events. If you have multiple event types like free and paid, workshops and mastermind sessions, different types of exercise classes, etc. you can categorize them to make it easier for event registrants to find what they’re looking for. You can display all events in a category on an event category page, make events searchable by category, and colour-code your events on the Event Espresso events calendar to make these easier to find, as well as suggesting other events in the categories that interest your existing customers.
Additional features include:
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP). Event Espresso is simple enough for basic users, and also robust and customizable for enterprise-level users and web-based software developers. The bottom line is that by using OOP, EE 4 allows for more complex enhancements and customizations to the application.
- Maintenance Mode. You can pause registrations for normal site traffic when site maintenance is required. You can continue to work on your event pages during maintenance mode.
- Flexibility, Autonomy & Value: According to the mission statement on their site, Event Espresso’s goal is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their mission, the company operates on a modular and efficient model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money as a result.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also comes with over 40 additional features, including:
- Live-filtering when searching for events inside the Event Espresso admin.
- Default surcharge (the same as applying a service tax to all tickets).
- Default payment status.
As mentioned earlier, Event Espresso provides “add ons”, which allow you to significantly expand the capabilities of your event management system.
Some of these addons include:
- EE4 Events Grid Template Add on: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If the event does not have a featured image available, it will use a default image.
- Recurring Events Drop-down Custom Template Add-on: The Recurring Events Drop-down custom template lets you organize many datetime events into a drop-down list.
- Events Date Range Template Add-on: The Date Range custom event list template lets your users to search for events that occur in a certain date range.
- Social Media Buttons Addon: The social media add-on displays Facebook, Twitter and Google+ buttons in your events. The Social Media addon comes free with any of the Event Espresso support licenses.
- Custom Files Add-on: The Custom Files addon provides PHP files that allow you to override certain aspects of the Event Espresso plugin.
- Seating Chart Add on: The seating chart add on is for venues and events that sell and reserve seats for attendees in advance. This is for venues and events such as theaters, concert halls, play houses, sports arenas and stadiums. The Seating Chart add-on lets you promote reserved or assigned seating to your events and venues from your WordPress site. The Seating Chart add-on lets you manage the experience for your attendees and design assigned seating charts and attach a single price to every seat.
- Event Ticketing Addon: The Ticketing add on adds the ability to generate tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning add on gives you the ability to scan ticket bar codes. The ticketing addon includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple barcode types are included for managing check-in scans at the door. People can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The mobile app can be used for checking in or checking out registrants and to validate tickets.
- Events Calendar Add on: This WordPress events calendar displays events and categories of events via a nice graphical calendar.
- Infusionsoft Integration Add-on: With the Event Espresso 4 Infusionsoft integration all-in-one sales and marketing plugin addon, you can easily automate your customer relations and email marketing campaigns to seamlessly capture customer data, track enrollments, and accept payments from your website.
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to the software, including new add-ons.
For more information about the latest Event Espreso features and add-ons, visit the plugin website:
Here are just some of the many great testimonials that satisfied customers have posted about Event Espresso:
”Event Espresso is one of the nicest Event Managers (WP Plugin) I have come across.” Joe Distefano, Citizen Joe
”Over the next 5-6 years we should be able to claim that we saved the company over $100,000 – Thanks Event Espresso!” David Waterman, KT Benefits & InkItDigital.com
”Thank you, we just did 2 sell out seminars of 50 attendees in 48 hours using Event Espresso and it was awesome. My wife was able to pick up on the processing backend with ease. You have done a great job on getting this system together – very simple, clear and well laid out With powerful functionality. I am so glad I dumped the old booking application we had and gave Event Espresso a go. Just wanted to say thanks, and thanks for the very patient, friendly and speedy assistance in helping me to get it all set up at the start. Many thanks to you and your team. A grateful customer.” Nicholas de Castella, Emotional Intelligence Trainings
Event Espresso Tips
Whether you are a gym owner, presenter, show planner, or event professional, there are just endless possibilities of what you can do with the Event Espresso plugin.
After purchasing the plugin and becoming a licensed user, spend a little time going through the forums for inspiration and practical suggestions to streamline your event management workflow or improve the experience of your event customers.
Event Espresso works with with all WP plugins and themes that follow standard WP development rules. If you have problems with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides highly responsive technical support, as so many of its users confirm:
”These guys are right on any problem or issue or even general questions. You can’t really put a value high enough on the kind of support these guys offer.” Mark Wigston, Muskoka Graphics
The Event Espresso plugin provides comprehensive support with access to a support forum, comprehensive online documentation with faqs, knowledge base and how tos, email support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts a well-staffed team of experienced web developers with a proven track record of support, so this is definitely a plugin you can depend on to manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in a range of plugin editions, including a FREE basic edition (referred to as Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced plugin features, however, you need to consider downloading one of the paid plugin editions below:
- Personal Licensing – This license enables you to configure Event Espresso on one domain only. Includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything License – This lets you configure Event Espresso on one domain only. It includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium addons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $279.95.
- Developer License – This license lets you install Event Espresso on five sites. Includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
The price of the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Currently, the plugin sells for the prices shown above. Check the plugin’s website for the current price: Event Espresso – Event Registration And Ticketing Manager
Note: The above reflects the pricing when this review was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin developer when you visit the site.
Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to its plugin. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Use the plugin’s online documentation tools to find answers to common questions about setup and using Event Espresso, and visit the support forums for questions related to a specific use-case, or to notify developers about errors and share feedback.
For detailed documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso web site.
Event Espresso is the leading WP event registration and ticketing manager software, used and trusted by thousands of businesses.
If you are a WordPress user and you intend to run events that require managing dates and venues, registering attendees, or reserving tickets, then you will probably not find a more suitable solution for your needs than Event Espresso.
For more details, visit the plugin website: Event Espresso