Managing event registrations is a time-consuming process. You have to co-ordinate event schedules, date availability, registration numbers, data collection and storage, collecting payments and invoicing, confirmations and reservations, reminders, cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special requests and delivering tickets to participants.
There are lots of advantages to setting up an online event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and lower expenses, help you easily reproduce repeat events, give you more control, improve user experience and grow your sales.
The problem is that setting this up can be very costly.
The good news is that if you own a WordPress-based website, you can easily set up an inexpensive and highly professional online event registration system.
Event Espresso – WordPress Event Management And Ticketing Registration Software
The Event Espresso online event registration software enables you to easily set up your event and begin receiving bookings in minutes.
(Set up multiple events and receive online registrations with Event Espresso)
Event Espresso is a feature-rich plugin that gives you full control of your event registration management process.
Create custom event registration forms
You can use various event registration strategies, from simple online sign-ups and straight up selling tickets, to setting up custom registration forms in order to better understand your event participants, or integrating your event bookings with social media sites like Facebook.
Access detailed information about your event attendees
Note: Currently, Event Espresso offers two different versions of their plugin: Event Espresso 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is considerably different than the older EE 3, as the software has been rebuilt using a different structure to enable future growth and expansion. The EE 4 plugin software has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The company plans to eventually phase out EE 3, so keep this in mind as you read more about this plugin.
Go here to learn more:
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your web site:
Hands-Free Event Registration Management And Ticketing System
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your current digital presence into a fully-featured and automated event management site … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to maximum seating limits, multiple price options and discount codes, to printable tickets and even seating charts.
Increased Business Productivity
By using an online event registration solution like Event Espresso, you save time and increase your business productivity by literally eliminating the chore of processing registrations and bookings manually.
Essentially, you are making it easier for participants to perform the registration process themselves.
Allowing your enrollees to do all of the data themselves frees up your time and lets you concentrate more time on organizing a memorable event.
Complete Control Over The User Experience
As you will soon see, Event Espresso gives you full control over the event management and booking process that you want your users to experience.
Some additional benefits and advantages include:
- Less Costs: Event Espresso provides you with a very inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to developing your own solution or using a third party service. The cost is kept to a minimum by using a model where Event Espresso users start with the core plugin (which suits the needs of most users) and then buy addons only if you need additional features.
- Higher Sales: Event Espresso lets you accept new signups outside traditional business hours. In addition, Event Espresso social sharing and marketing features (see below) let people interested in registering for your event invite others who may be interested.
- Green Event SignUp Process: With Event Espresso, your event sign up process remains wholly online, significantly reducing traditional paper waste from tasks related to administration.
- All Data Belongs To You. You control all the information acquired from event attendees.
Event Espresso provides functionality to users through built-in features (these come with the software) and optional features that you can buy for an added cost, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides a number of great built-in to web site owners. Here are just some:
- Quick and easy to install and set up. Ready to use in minutes.
- Multiple Times and Dates Per Event. In Event Espresso 4, events can have many dates and times (datetimes), which these can be managed from one single event.
- WordPress Event Calendar. Customers can easily see your events and add these to their schedule using a WordPress calendar.
- Tax Admin & Reporting. Event Espresso 4 gives you several ways to manage taxes for an event and report tax fees to customers when purchasing tickets. Event managers can configure taxes globally or on a per-ticket basis.
- Google Maps. Google Maps integration allows event managers to customize the display settings of Google Maps on the event listing and event details pages.
- Spam Protection. Prevent the likelihood of spamming and robots creating false registrations on your website by using reCAPTCHA settings that confirm human activity.
- Mobile Registration And Ticketing Apps. The Event Espresso mobile registration system enables you to validate tickets, speed up in-venue registrations, create multiple check-in “stations” and track event attendees.
- Manual Registration. you have the option of registering event attendees when they show up, or send in paper registration forms for manual submission later.
- Waiting Lists. Interested persons can join a waiting list if your event has reached the limit of participants. You can also make it a requirement waiting list members pre-pay if you plan to add more capacity for the event.
- Private Contact Notes. Keep notes about a contact on their profile. Private commenting lets you keep a record of when users contacted you, your internal observations, and how you’ve assisted them.
- Keyword Rich Page URLs. Keyword rich event page URLs take advantage of your Permalinks configuration settings. SEO-friendly web links with topic-relevant keywords enhance the context of your pages and is favored by search engines, helping you bring more traffic to your events.
- Your Organization Settings. you can configure your organization’s profile to display throughout Event Espresso and your WP themes. Your organization data include: company name, address, city, state, country, zip code, email address, telephone, VAT/tax number, logo, Facebook URL, Twitter URL, LinkedIn profile URL, Pinterest URL, Google+ profile URL, Instagram URL.
- Bulk Import Event Information. Event Espresso 4 provides a CSV-based importing feature that lets you quickly import a lot of event data all at one time. You can export, edit and import data for events, datetimes, ticketing information, prices, registration questions, venues, terminology, taxonomies, term relationships and more.
- Event Venue Profiles. The venue management feature in Event Espresso 4 allows details about a venue to appear throughout the Event Espresso admin and the public areas of your site to inform potential attendees of your event’s location. The venue record has many of the standard WP settings such as tags, categories, discussion settings, comments, etc., but also includes venue information like venue seating capacity, venue web address, phone number, physical and/or virtual location, directions map, etc. You can also display all of your venues in specific areas in your theme and on a venue listing page on your website where you can set up and display venue profiles for multiple events or display every event you have booked for a particular venue.
- A Community Of Event Experts. Event Espresso lets you engage with a community of experienced event managers, programmers, designers, marketers and businesses who also use the plugin. You can network with other members of the Event Espresso community using their community chat room, support forums, job board, and social media discussions on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Google+.
- Staff Management. Save time and keep your information organized by reusing staff member profiles for multiple events or displaying profile information such as team member’s contact information, resume and photo using a shortcode in your event description.
- Accurate Participant Manager. You control your participants’ information; who has registered, which event they have booked and how much they paid. With the attendee manager, you can get a quick overview of registered participants and their payment status, easily add/edit attendee records and payments, export an event attendee list to an Excel spreadsheet for additional uses, send custom payment reminders and receipts and communicate with your participants on a person-by-person basis or collectively.
Additional features include:
- Hooks, Actions & Filters. These features allow you to implement safer and more reliable customizations and extensions to the Event Espresso plugin that are compatible with WordPress.
- Maintenance Mode. Pause registrations for normal website traffic whenever you need to make updates on your site. You can still work on the back-end of your site during maintenance mode.
- Autonomy, Flexibility And Value For Money: Event Espresso states on their website that their mission is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their mission, the company operates on a model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium version of Event Espresso also provides you with over 40 added features, including:
- Live-filtering when searching for events inside the Event Espresso admin.
- Question groups that make it easy to reuse the same questions for similar events.
- Default payment status.
Event Espresso Add-Ons
As mentioned earlier, Event Espresso provides “add-ons”, which allow users to significantly expand the capabilities of events.
Some of these add-ons include:
- Events Grid Template Add-on: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If the event does not have a featured image available, it will use a default image.
- Recurring Events Management Add on: The Recurring Events management add-on allows you to put events on autopilot by scheduling recurring events weeks or months … even years ahead. You can create as many events in advance as you like. Event Espresso will automatically open and close bookings for all of your recurring events.
- Events Date Range Template Addon: The Date Range custom event list template lets your users to browse for events that take place within a certain date range.
- Social Coupons Integration Add-on: If your site uses Groupon.com you can easily accept Groupon codes to your events. You can also specify whether events accept the social coupons or not.
- Custom Files Add-on: The Custom Files add-on allows you to bypass certain aspects of the Event Espresso plugin.
- Roles And Permissions Basic & Pro Add on Editions: This add-on lets you involve your staff in your organization to help manage your events and give new users permission to create events or regional managers permission to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WP users roles and allow them different permissions with different privileges, so others can help you manage your events or events that other people create. You can customize roles so that users do not have access to certain parts of your WordPress dashboard and/or certain areas of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to allow users to have geographic responsibilities for events and users, use the Roles and Permissions Pro addon.
- Event Ticketing And Bar Scanning Add on: The Ticketing add on gives you the ability to create tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning add on gives you the ability to scan ticket barcodes. The ticketing add on includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple bar code types are included for handling check-in scans at the venue door. Registrants can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The mobile app can be used for checking in or checking out registrants and to validate tickets.
- Events Calendar Addon: This add on uses the WordPress calendar to display events and event categories in an attractive graphical calendar.
- JSON API Add-on: The new Event Espresso JSON API add on permits other software applications, web sites, mobile apps, etc… to access your Event Espresso content through an Application Programming Interface (API).
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to the software, including new add ons.
To learn more about the latest Event Espreso features and add-ons, check out the plugin here:
Below are a few of the many testimonials that customers have written about Event Espresso:
”Event Espresso is so easy to use yet feature rich and stable. It is a cornerstone of our site and our success.” Fraser Barner, Speaker’s Lab
”I have to say that it has been the right choice for me…I’ve been extremely pleased with the way my site is working.” Robin, RobinTime
“Love the plugin, we only use it once a year for a race we have in February. This saved us tons of time in data entry. In addition, we had more runners register than any other year. We attribute that to the ease of registering online. Thanks for your work.” Ed, Friends of Oscar Scherer Park
Whether you are a motivational speaker, trainer, event planner, or event professional, there are just unlimited possibilities of what you can do with the Event Espresso plugin.
After purchasing your copy of the plugin and becoming a registered owner, search the user forum for inspiration and practical suggestions to improve your event management and registration workflow and enhance the experience of your registrants.
Event Espresso Support
Event Espresso works with with all WP plugins and WP themes that follow WP coding standards. If you find that you need help with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides great user support, as so many of its users attest:
”By far, the customer service experience with Event Espresso has been the best of any WordPress Theme or Paid Plugin that I’ve used in the past two years!” Megan Murray, Boys & Girls Club of Lake Tahoe
Event Espresso provides amazing support that includes access to support forums, in-depth online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, one-on-one support and even a monthly VIP member pass giving you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts a well-staffed team of experienced WordPress developers with a solid track record of support, so this is definitely a plugin you can depend on to manage your events.
Event Espresso Cost
Event Espresso is available in different editions, including a FREE basic edition (named Event Espresso Decaf). For support and advanced software options, however, you need to consider downloading one of the paid plugin editions below:
- Personal License – This license enables you to set up Event Espresso on one domain only. It includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything Licensing – This enables you to configure Event Espresso on one site only. Includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium addons and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $279.95.
- Developer Licensing – This lets you install Event Espresso on 5 sites. Includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Price = $249.95.
The cost of purchasing the Event Espresso plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Presently, the software is selling for the amounts shown above. Check the plugin’s website for the latest price: Event Espresso – Event Espresso
Note: The pricing above was current when this review was written. This may or may not be the actual price charged by the plugin developer when you visit the site.
Event Espresso – Additional Information
The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to the plugin. Make sure to remain subscribed to their customer update list to receive the latest information and updates.
Look up the software’s documentation tools to find answers to common questions about setup and using Event Espresso, and visit the support forums for questions related to your particular situation, or to report issues and leave feedback.
For all installation and support documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso product website.
The Bottom Line
Event Espresso is the preferred WP event booking and ticketing manager plugin, used by thousands of WP users.
If you own a WordPress site and you intend to run any event that involves managing dates, times and venues, enrolling participants, or reserving tickets, then you will probably not find a better WP plugin for your needs than Event Espresso.
To learn more, check out the plugin here: Event Espresso – WordPress Event Management & Ticketing Registration Software