Managing event bookings is a complex process. You will probably need to co-ordinate scheduling, event dates, participant numbers, data entry, collecting payments and invoicing, confirmations, reminders and alerts, cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and issuing tickets to participants.
There are many benefits to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and lower costs, help you easily duplicate previously-run events, give you more control, improve user experience and grow your sales.
The problem is that setting up a web-based event booking system can be very expensive.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-based site, you can easily set up a very inexpensive and professional web-based event booking solution.
Event Espresso – Event Registration And Ticket Manager
The Event Espresso online event registration plugin for WordPress lets you easily schedule multiple events and start accepting online registrations in just a few minutes.
(Event Espresso lets you set up multiple events and accept online event bookings)
Event Espresso is a versatile and feature-packed application that gives you full control of your event registration management process.
Create custom registration forms
You can employ a range of event registration strategies, from simple online sign-ups and straight up ticket sales, to creating custom registration forms for collecting detailed information about your event attendees, or integrating your event registration forms with social media and email marketing solutions.
View detailed information about your event attendees
Please Note: Currently, Event Espresso is transitioning between two different versions of their software: EE 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new EE 4 is completely different than the older Event Espresso 3, as it has been redeveloped using a different structure to accommodate future growth and expansion. The EE 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The developers aim to eventually migrate completely to Event Espresso 4, so keep this in mind as you read more about this plugin.
For more details go here:
Benefits Of Using Event Espresso
Here are just some of the many benefits of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your web site:
Automated Event Registration Management
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your current website into a fully-featured event management website … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to seating capacity limits, multiple price levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and seating charts.
Better Business Productivity
By using an online event registration solution like Event Espresso, you save time and improve your business productivity by practically doing away with the chore of processing registrations manually.
Essentially, you are enabling attendees to complete the sign-up process themselves.
Allowing your enrollees to do all of the data themselves frees up your time and lets you focus more time on organizing a more unique event.
More Control Over The User Experience
As you will soon see, Event Espresso gives you complete control over the event management and booking process that you want your participants to experience.
Some additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Lower Costs: Event Espresso gives you a very inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to developing your own solution or using a third-party service. The cost is kept low by using a model where you buy the core plugin (which suits the needs of most users) and purchase optional add-ons only when you need additional features.
- Increased Sales: With Event Espresso you can accept online bookings any time of day or night. Not only that, but, Event Espresso social and marketing add ons (see below) let people who are interested in registering for your event share your information with others who may also be interested in attending.
- Green Event Registration Process: With Event Espresso, the event signup process is conducted wholly online, reducing traditional paper consumption from tasks associated with admin and record-keeping.
- Own Your Information. You control all the data obtained from your event attendees.
The Event Espresso software provides functionality to end-users via standard features (these are included with the software) and optional features that customers can buy for an extra cost, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides a number of great built-in to website owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Quick and easy to install and implement. Ready to use in no time.
- Multiple Times and Dates Per Event. In EE 4, events can have multiple dates and times (datetimes), and these can be managed from a single event.
- Customized Notification Email Message. Easily set up customized automated registration and payment confirmation emails to communicate with event registrants.
- Ticket Selector. Present multiple ticket options to prospective attendees so they can choose the ticket(s) that will best fit their needs.
- Smart Single Page Checkout Process. The Event Espresso 4 checkout process is smart, fast and intuitive. Registrants are given the option to automatically duplicate the primary attendee’s registration information for any added registrants.
- Spam Protection. Prevent the likelihood of spammers and bots making bogus registrations on your site by using reCAPTCHA features to provide human authentication.
- Mobile Registration And Ticketing Apps. The Event Espresso mobile registration system allows you to authenticate tickets, speed up door registrations, create various check-in “stations” and track event participants.
- Event Check-In List. Generate a list of registrants and check in everyone who attends.
- Waiting Lists. Latecomers can join a waiting list if your event has reached maximum attendance. Additionally, you can make it a requirement wait-list attendees pre-pay if you plan to add more capacity for the event.
- Private Commenting On Contacts. Record observations about contacts on their profile. Private notes lets you keep a record of when event registrants contacted you, your internal comments, and how you’ve interacted with them.
- Works With The Latest Version Of WordPress. The Event Espresso 4 user interface follows the WordPress guidelines to help you build visually enhanced event pages that are easier to use and mobile-friendly.
- Your Organization Settings. Configure your organization’s profile to be used throughout the software and your WP themes. Organization data include: business name, street address, city, state, country, zip code, primary contact email address, telephone number, VAT/tax number, business logo, Facebook profile URL, Twitter URL, LinkedIn profile URL, Pinterest URL, Google+ URL, Instagram URL.
- Import Events. Event Espresso 4 provides an advanced importing feature that lets you import a lot of event data all at one time. You can export, edit and import data for events, datetimes, tickets, pricing, registration questions, venue info, terminology, taxonomies, term relationships and more.
- Register Multiple Attendees. Event Espresso 4 allows one person or people to pay for multiple tickets and different ticket types at the same time. You can control how many people are able to enrol in a single registration by specifying either a limit on ticket purchases per order, or per-ticket minimums and maximums.
- A Community Of Event Experts. Event Espresso provides users with access to a community of experienced event managers, web developers, web designers, web marketers and businesses who also use the software. You can network with other Event Espresso users through their community chat room, support forums, job board, and social media discussions on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Google+.
- Staff Manager. Save time and stay organized by reusing staff profiles for multiple events or displaying profile information such as staff member’s contact information, resume and photo using a shortcode in an event description.
- Event Reporting. Quick-view event reports provides you with information of your registrations and transactions, enabling you to analyze the performance of your events with the aggregate number of registrations and how much money you’ve collected.
Additional features include:
- Hooks, Actions & Filters. These features allow developers to implement safer and more reliable customizations and extensions to the Event Espresso plugin that are compatible with the WordPress development platform.
- Metabox Management And Organization. Event Espresso lets you leverage the WP user interface, which gives you the ability to reorganize the user interface to match your workflow process. Each meta box can be collapsed, re-arranged or removed from the page.
- Flexibility, Autonomy & Value For Money: Event Espresso states on their website that their mission is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their goals, the company operates on a modular and highly effective model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium edition of Event Espresso also includes 40+ added features, including:
- Email shortcodes that includes attendee data in emails and email updates.
- Default surcharge (the same as adding a service fee to tickets).
- Option to skip the confirmation page during the registration process.
Event Espresso Add-Ons
In addition to an amazing range of features, Event Espresso provides “add-ons”, which allow plugin users to further expand the functionality of managing an event.
Some of these add-ons include:
- Events Vector Maps Template Addon: The Vector Maps custom events list template allows you to display scheduled events by location. There are four maps available: USA, UK, Canada and Australia.
- Recurring Events Drop-down Custom Template Add-on: The Recurring Events Drop-down custom template lets you organize many datetime events into a dropdown list.
- Events Calendar Table Template Add on: The Calendar Table template is a list template with a bold date and customizable “register now” button. The template can be customized to display an event thumbnail instead of the date.
- Social Media Buttons Add on: The social media addon displays Facebook, Twitter and Google+ buttons in your events. The Social Media addon comes free with all of the Event Espresso support licenses.
- Custom Template Add on: The Custom Template add on can display your events in a number of visually exciting ways.
- Seating Chart Add on: The seating chart addon is for venues and events that sell and reserve seats for attendees in advance. This is for venues and events such as theaters, concert halls, play houses, sports arenas and stadiums. The Seating Chart addon lets you offer reserved or assigned seating to your events and venues right from your WordPress site. The Seating Chart add-on lets you control the environment for your attendees and design assigned seating charts and attach single pricing to every seat.
- Event Ticketing And Bar Scanning Addon: The Ticketing add-on adds the ability to generate tickets with bar codes. The Bar Scanning add on gives you the capacity to scan ticket bar codes. The ticketing add on includes the ability to customize event tickets. Multiple barcode types are included for managing check-in scans at the door. Customers can either print out their tickets or display them on their mobile devices. The mobile app can be used for checking in or checking out registrants and to validate tickets.
- EE4 Events Table Template Addon: The Events Table Template addon gives event managers a simple and easy-to-use system that lets you edit the look and feel of your event lists. It comes with a simple table template with category filters, table search, table paging and more. It also lets web developers build custom templates using one of the included templates as a source template.
- EE4 Infusionsoft Integration Add on: With the Event Espresso 4 Infusionsoft integration all-in-one sales and business marketing plugin add-on, you can easily automate your customer relations and email marketing campaigns to seamlessly capture customer data, track enrollments, and accept payments from your Event Espresso powered website.
Note: The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its plugin, including new add-ons.
For more details about the latest Event Espreso features and addons, visit the plugin website here:
Below are just some of the many great testimonials that customers have written about Event Espresso:
”I can’t even imagine what I would want the plugin to do that it doesn’t already do. I’m really happy with the features.” Jim Harmer
”This really is a hell of a plugin. For me, it’s probably the final nail in the coffin for Joomla, as WP can now pretty much do EVERYTHING Joomla does, but better. Love the simplicity of this plugin!” Sam, Web Contempo
”At first we looked at CVENT for one of our clients and they wanted $16,000 per year for 3000 event attendees + fees totaling $22k. That is before Staff and Webinar fees. Worst of all we had to prepay the $16k amount even if we never used all 3000 attendees. That was when we looked at Event Espresso and we realized we could build our own event system for less than 16K. For the most part we have been very satisfied with our decision. The real ROI will come next year when they don’t have to pay another 16k-22K! Over the next 5-6 years we should be able to claim that we saved the company over $100,000 – Thanks Event Espresso!” David Waterman (Long Version), KT Benefits & InkItDigital.com
Whether you are a gym owner, trainer, concert planner, or event management professional, there are just endless possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso plugin.
After purchasing the plugin and becoming a registered user, visit the support forum for useful ideas and practical suggestions to streamline your event management and registration workflow and enhance the experience of your event attendees.
Event Espresso works with with all WP plugins and WP themes that follow standard WordPress coding rules. If you find that you need help with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides great end-user support, as so many of its users attest:
”Thank you Seth for being so responsive and going above and beyond the call of duty with your app! I highly recommend Event Espresso for its functionality and for the stellar support. Seth has a deep knowledge and understanding of WordPress and has built a tool that is seamless to use for both organizer and attendee alike! After looking at a bunch of alternatives, Event Espresso far surpasses the other apps that are available.” Wendy Troupe, ICS North Pole Express
The software provides comprehensive support with access to a support forum, in-depth online documentation with faqs, knowledgebase and how tos, priority support and even a monthly VIP member pass giving you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts an established team of experienced WordPress web developers with a proven track record of support, so this is definitely a solution you can count on to organize and manage your events.
Product Licensing Price
Event Espresso is available in a range of editions, including a FREE basic edition (called Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced plugin options, however, you need to consider purchasing one of the ”Pro” plugin editions below:
- Personal License – This enables you to configure Event Espresso on 1 site only. Pricing includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $69.95.
- Everything Licensing – This enables you to run Event Espresso on one domain only. Includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add ons and one year of upgrades and support. Cost = $279.95.
- Developer License – This allows you to run Event Espresso on five domains. Pricing includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $249.95.
The price of the Event Espresso plugin depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Presently, the software is selling for the amounts shown above. Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing: Event Espresso – Event Registration And Ticket Management
Note: The pricing above was current at the time this review was written. This may not be the actual price charged by the plugin author when you visit the site.
Event Espresso – Additional Info
Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to the software. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Use the software’s documentation pages for answers to common questions about setting up and how to use Event Espresso, and visit the support forums for questions related to a particular situation, or to notify developers about errors and leave feedback.
For detailed installation and support documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso website.
The Bottom Line
Event Espresso is the leading WP event booking and ticketing management software, used by thousands of users.
If you own a WordPress-powered web site and you plan to run events that require managing dates, times and venues, booking attendees, and/or reserving seating, then you will probably not find a better software for your needs than Event Espresso.
For more information, visit the plugin website: Event Espresso