Whatever you can think of, someone is most likely already building it using WordPress!
This article will help you discover the fastest visual content builder for WordPress.
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Does The WordPress Content Editor Still Meet All Of Your Content Creation Needs?
Using the built-in WordPress editor to build or edit complex web pages can sometimes be challenging for non-technical web site owners.
(The default WordPress WYSIWYG editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional content, but adding complex layouts can be quite challenging!)
For example, if you look at the image below …
To create the above boxes with text and buttons in your content would require adding something that looks like this into the default WordPress editor …
Normally, this is not really an issue … unless you decide to change your layout (for example, move some of the content from box 1 into box 2, or change the button in box 1 from bright red to light blue. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code inside the editor.
The WordPress visual content editor is supposed to provide non-technical users with an easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, but as you can see, if you are creating with complex layouts, often what you see on your editor screen is not the same as what you get …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some cases, some people argue that you may even be better off working inside the WordPress html editor tab instead of the WYSIWYG editor when trying to create fancy layouts …
Even though WordPress is very user-friendly, this makes it hard for WordPress users with no coding skills to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental problem with using HTML and shortcodes to create content in the default WordPress editor can be summarized by asking two questions:
1) Speed – How long does it take to build a web page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor resemble the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above, what you see when working in the editor does not look even remotely similar to what you see in the front end. This means that you have to mentally translate what the content will look like when working with sophisticated layouts. Other solutions require taking multiple steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly going back and forth between tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is coming along, which can interrupt the creative process, as you wait for for your updated content to reload.
Many WordPress web developers have tried to come up with different solutions aiming to address this issue. These range from stand alone plugins you can add to your site that add new functionality to the editor, to WP themes that offer built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make content creation easier!)
Some solutions combine so many complex page-building features, that users need to learn how to work with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these solutions work, but they fail to address the fundamental challenge of using HTML and shortcodes as described earlier. Creating, adding and editing sophisticated content elements on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want your web pages to look ”perfect” quickly, this can become quite frustrating after a while.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your page editor to behave?
Now that you’ve asked this question, visualize the following scenario …
- You see something in your content that needs changing so you, just click on the content and start changing it. Your content is then instantly fixed.
- You simply drag and drop items on the page, and see them exactly as they will display on the front end without having to mentally visualize HTML or shortcodes.
- You have an idea for some content that you’d like to add, so you just start typing, and you build your page on the fly, with no delays, without switching tabs, and without waiting for pages to refresh and reload.
Would this not be the ideal way to create content for your WordPress website? Just click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around your posts and pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex page layouts in real-time for your web content without technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder – WordPress Click-To-Edit Drag And Drop Content And Page Creation Tool
Thrive Content Builder is a ground-breaking WordPress plugin that lets you quickly build and change content on your posts and pages with true click-to-edit and drag and drop simplicity.
Thrive Content Builder is a new and incredibly easy way to set up conversion-focused pages on any WordPress website.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor and a sidebar menu that lets you drag and drop elements on your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new visual editor to your WordPress site)
The plugin is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins merged into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
We’ll take an in-depth look at each of the above and how all of this functionality works seamlessly together to help you transform and improve your site and create awesome marketing pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin
With this plugin installed easily add content to your web pages and build complex page layouts using drag and drop elements …
Every aspect of your page can be built by ”clicking-to-edit” and “dragging and dropping” things around the page …
Once you have placed your elements on your page, you can then easily edit or customize them without going through multiple steps or opening extra settings windows …
The built-in Landing Pages editor also lets you work inside highly attractive landing pages that can also be easily customized …
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, working on content with Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder installed is so amazingly easy, that the developers guarantee that once you start using it, it will ruin the experience of using any other content editor forever, and you will never look back!
Learn more about this plugin here: Thrive Content Builder
The integrated Thrive Content and Landing Page Builder plugin was created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another great plugin for WordPress we’ve previously recommended on this site.
See this post to learn more about the plugin:
Below we have listed just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up your page design and content creation process:
Thrive Content Builder is really easy to install. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your dashboard and activate.
Edit & Add Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is is not only really simple to use, it also lets you build and add content to your web pages in real-time.
What You See Is Exactly What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the editor – fonts, visual elements, page layouts, etc. is exactly what you get on the front end of your site.
Additional benefits of the plugin include the following:
- Stunning Layouts With Drag And Drop Ease: Create any kind of layout you can imagine with intuitive drag-and-drop functionality.
- Customizable Elements Included: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get a drag and drop WordPress content editor, but the plugin also includes a collection of web design elements that you can use on your content layouts without using shortcodes, like content toggle, content reveal feature, dividers, responsive Google map embeds, etc.
- Distraction-Free Content Creation: Not having to deal with technical stuff, or wait for your content to load frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you work or click through multiple layers of menus to get what you need done.
(Add, edit and customize web page elements like testimonials, columns, content reveal feature, call to action buttons, code insert boxes, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder Features
Thrive Content Builder offers WP users many features. Below we have listed just some of these features:
- Regular WordPress Editor Functionality Is Still Available: You have access to all of the regular text editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold formatting, paragraph centering, headings and font sizes, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Multi-Style Elements Menu: The plugin makes a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements available on your post or page screen for editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin comes with various eye-catching and customizable elements that will help you increase your sales conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantee forms. In addition to being customizable, various elements also offer multiple design options.
- Responsive Web Element Design: Add mobile-friendly columns, guarantee boxes, content section dividers, e.g. which will display great on devices with differently sized screens.
- Add Animation To Pages: The Event Manager feature lets you add animated page elements, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Template Sets
Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from initial signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages gives you access to conversion-optimized page templates)
Thrive Landing Pages – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time creating pages
- 100% conversion-optimized page templates
- No technical skills required
- Works with all themes
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder not only can be used to create beautiful content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are over thirty templates available, with more templates scheduled for future release. In addition to the templates that are currently available, the developers plan to release new templates for email lead generation, sales pages, course pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Customize Your Landing Page Template Sets
Typically, to be able to have completely customizable landing page templates, you would need to either pay a web designer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use complex editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you great-looking pre-designed pages that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change or customize any aspect of your page template …
With the landing page template sets included with this plugin, you are able to:
- Modify text in any headline, bullet point, button, etc.
- Delete text, images or any other component of your landing page
- Change the background image or background colors
- Change the color of text, buttons, links, etc.
- Use your own fonts
- Use your own images
- Edit the size of the content area
- Change the order of elements on the page
- Translate pages into different languages
- Add any kind of custom content in the pages
- Use pre-designed, customized pages, or create your own landing pages from scratch and save them as new page templates.
(Change and edit anything on your page template)
Thrive Lightbox – Transform Your WordPress Website Into A Powerful Marketing Machine
The Thrive plugin combo also includes the Thrive Lightbox plugin, which lets you add fully editable 2-step opt-in forms and animated elements to your website …
(Add lead capture forms and events to your marketing pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
2-Step Opt-in Forms
A 2-step opt-in process helps increase your conversion rates. Visitors click on an image or button, and then they are presented with your opt-in form …
(When visitors click on the button, they are presented with an opt-in form)
Thrive Lightbox Event Manager
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when your visitor clicks or hovers over a button or graphic elements, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your page, using various animation effects (e.g. fade in, slide in from top to bottom, roll in, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your sales pages with Thrive Lightbox)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over all events, triggers and design.
Below are some of the testimonials that users have written about the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
“I have had nothing but the best experience imaginable with this tool since I purchased it. This is by far one of, if not the best plug-in I have purchase to date and it has definitely made working with WordPress a whole new experience. Jim Bond”
”Great stuff! I am really impressed by all the new additions. You guys have shown a true commitment to making these themes and the Content Builder awesome. Michael Johnson”
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. You cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created with the plugin.
You can add short codes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will be displayed correctly when published.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built using Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin Support
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages Plugin provides free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The plugin developers are constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is really well-supported, and users get lifetime updates, and one year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, thirty day, complete money-back guarantee.
This is an exciting product that just keeps getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site Licensing – This option lets you use the plugin on one domain only. Cost includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Edition – This lets you activate the plugin on all of your personal websites. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Cost = $87.00.
- Agency Licensing – This allows you to configure the plugin on all of your own websites and any client sites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Note: The cost of purchasing Thrive Content Builder depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The price shown above was current at the time this review was written. This may not be the actual price set by the product developer when you visit the product website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing information here:
The developers of the Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin repeatedly maintain that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made web page elements and templates that help to speed up page design and content creation, and on the other hand, you have 100% control over your design process and the freedom to edit anything and everything on your page, using the plugin’s click-to-edit and drag and drop features, which lets you get things done without having to keep switching tabs or going through multiple steps.
For ”how-to” videos of the plugin in action, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the plugin website.
We Recommend …
If you want to edit something, you click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, you can see the change happen immediately. If you want to move something, you drag it and drop it into its new location. There are no extra steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your business online and create amazing marketing pages and content, Thrive Content Builder delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For full details, visit the plugin website: