Whatever you can think of, someone is bound to be already building it using WordPress!
In this article you will discover the simplest, most intuitive visual editor for WordPress websites.
Drag And Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Does The Default WordPress Visual Editor Meet All Of Your Content Creation And Editing Needs?
With so many improvements that the WordPress platform has gone through in recent years, many WordPress users believe that the WordPress editor is more suitable for performing conventional content editing than building or customizing content within sophisticated layouts.
(The WordPress WYSIWYG content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing “linear” content, but adding complex page elements can be challenging!)
For example, if you look at the image below …
To create the above boxes with text and buttons, you would have to add short codes to the content for every element you want to create …
Normally, this is not really an issue … until you choose to change a fundamental aspect of the layout (for example, move some of the content from box 1 into box 2, or change the background colour in a box from red to purple. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with page code.
The WordPress visual editor is supposed to be an easy-to-use WYSIWYG content editor, but as you can see, if you are creating with complex layouts, what you see in the visual editor may not be the same as what you get …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some situations, some people argue that you may even be better off working inside the WordPress html editor tab instead of the WYSIWYG editor when trying to create something other than simple page elements …
Even though WordPress is extremely easy to use, this makes it hard for non-technical website owners to have full control of their own content.
The fundamental problem with having to use shortcodes and HTML to create content in the default WordPress editor can be summarized by asking two questions:
1) Speed – How long will it take to create a page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor resemble the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above screenshot, what you see in the content editor doesn’t look even remotely similar to what you see in the front end. This means that users need to abstract what the content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require taking a number of steps before you can start configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching tabs and performing tweaks and updates to see how your content is progressing, which can impact how fast you can create your content, as you wait for your new content to reload.
Many WordPress developers have tried to come up with a range of solutions with the objective of addressing this issue. These range from standalone WP plugins you can install on your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that come with built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make content creation easier!)
Some solutions end up requiring so many page-building features, that users need to learn how to work with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these alternative solutions work, but they don’t really seem to address the fundamental problem with using shortcodes and HTML as described earlier. Creating, adding and editing non-linear content on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex page layouts quickly, this can start to become really frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your content editor to function?
Now, visualize the following …
- You see something in your content that needs changing so you, just click on the content and start writing. Your content is instantly fixed.
- You just drag and drop elements around the page, and see them exactly as they will display on the front end without having to mentally visualize any HTML or shortcodes.
- You have an idea for a specific piece of content that you’d like to create, so you immediately start typing, and you build your web page on the fly, with no delays, with no switching tabs, and without having to wait for edits to reload.
Would that not be the ideal way to create content for your WordPress site? A true visual content editor where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around your page?
(Imagine being able to create complex web page layouts quickly for your web content with no technical constraints!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder – The Most Intuitive Way To Build Stunning Layouts In WordPress
Thrive Content Builder is a revolutionary plugin for WordPress that allows you to easily add content to your posts and pages using true click-to-edit and drag and drop simplicity.
Thrive Content Builder provides you with a new and incredibly easy way to speed up the process of adding content to your WordPress website.
Once installed, the plugin adds a visual content editor with a sidebar menu that lets you click, then drag and drop design elements to your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new visual content editor to your WordPress site)
Thrive Content And Landing Page Builder is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins merged into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
Let’s review all of the above plugins and how all of this powerful functionality works together to help you transform and improve your web presence and create awesome marketing pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin
You can easily add complex design layouts to your web pages using drag and drop elements …
Everything on your web page can be created by ”clicking-to-edit” and “dragging and dropping” things around the page …
Once you have placed elements on a page, you can then edit them without having to go through additional steps or complicated configuration screens …
You can also work inside stunning landing pages that can also be easily customized …
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing pages and working on content with the plugin installed is so amazingly simple, that the developers warn that you’ll never look back once you start using it
More info: Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages were created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another excellent plugin we’ve written about on this site.
For more information about using the plugin, go here:
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up the process of creating content for your WordPress website:
Quick & Easy Installation
Thrive Content Builder installs just like any other WP plugin. Just upload a zip file that contains the plugin files to your Plugins folder via your WP dashboard and activate.
Edit Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is is not only simple to use, it also lets you add content to your web pages in real-time.
What You See Is Really What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see on the “back-end” as you work within the content editor – fonts, visual elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what you get in the front end of your site.
Additional plugin benefits include the following:
- Stunning Web Page Layouts With Drag And Drop Ease: Create any type of layout you can imagine with drag-and-drop ease.
- Customizable Elements Included: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get an exciting and easy-to-use drag and drop content editor, but the plugin also includes a jaw-dropping collection of functional and eye-catching design elements that you can customizable and add to your content layouts without using shortcodes, such as flat design elements, content reveal feature, dividers, code insert boxes, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to wait for the page to load frees up your attention and allows you to build the web pages your business needs, quickly and without having to mess with code or click through multiple layers of menus to get what you need done.
(Thrive Content Builder lets you easily create, edit and customize page elements like testimonials, columns, gradient boxes, section dividers, countdown timers, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder offers WordPress users a number of unique features. Below we have listed just some of these features:
- Regular WordPress Editor Functionality Is Still Available: You have all of the built-in text editing options that you are used to (e.g. underlines, paragraph formatting, font styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements Menu: The plugin makes a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements available on your post or page screen when editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin provides you with various attention-grabbing and customizable elements that will help you increase the effectiveness of your sales pages, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonials, and guarantee forms. In addition to customization options, multiple design options are also available for various elements.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: Add mobile-friendly elements like column layouts, guarantee boxes, content dividers, e.g. which will adjust to display great on different device screens.
- Add Animation To Pages: Thrive Content Builder’s Event Manager feature lets you add animated buttons, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Landing Page Template Sets
Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages lets you add conversion-optimized pages to your web site)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time building beautiful-looking web pages
- 100% conversion-optimized web pages
- No web coding skills needed
- Works with all themes
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages not only can be used to create beautiful content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of professionally designed, conversion optimized page templates and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are over 30 templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the existing templates, the developers plan to release new web page templates for email lead generation, sales pages, training pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Completely Customizable And Flexible Landing Page Template Sets
Typically, in order to have completely customizable landing page templates, you would need to either pay a web site developer to do the work, or learn web coding languages like HTML and CSS and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to code or use complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for building conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you stunning pre-designed page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that allows you to change and edit any aspect of your page template …
With the landing page templates included with this plugin, you are able to:
- Change text in any bullet point, headline, button, etc.
- Delete text, images or any other component of the landing page
- Change the background image or colour
- Change the color of buttons, links, text, etc.
- Use your own fonts
- Use your own images
- Edit content area size
- Rearrange the order of elements on your page
- Translate everything on the page into a different language
- Add any kind of custom content inside your pages
- Use pre-designed, customized pages, or create your own landing pages from scratch and save them as new web page templates.
(Change and edit anything on your page template)
Transform Your Site Into A Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox
The Thrive package also includes the Thrive Lightbox plugin, which lets you add fully customizable two-step opt-in forms and events to your site …
(Add opt-in forms and animation to your WordPress site with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process can help improve your conversion rates. Visitors click on an image or button, and then they are presented with your opt-in form …
(two-step opt-in forms can help increase your conversion rates.)
Thrive Lightbox Event Manager
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when when visitors click or hover over a button or an image, or when someone reaches a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your pages, using various animation effects (e.g. zoom in, slide in from left to right, roll out, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your WordPress pages with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Lightboxes and events are created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over events, triggers and design.
Below are a couple of the testimonials that customers have provided for Thrive Content Builder:
“I have had nothing but the best experience imaginable with this tool since I purchased it. This is by far one of, if not the best plug-in I have purchase to date and it has definitely made working with WordPress a whole new experience. Jim Bond”
”Your stuff is beautifully designed, fast and has great options for marketers that you just don’t see with other themes. Great, great job! Absolutely love Thrive! David Coleman”
Thrive Content Builder Plugin – Tips
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. You cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content that was not created with the plugin.
You can add shortcodes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will display correctly on on your web site.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin Support
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder comes with free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The Thrive team is constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is really well-supported, and users get lifetime software upgrades, plus 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 30 day, complete money-back guarantee.
This is an exciting product for WordPress users that just keeps getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License – This enables you to set up the plugin on a single web site. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites License – This license enables you to configure the plugin on unlimited web sites that you personally own. Pricing includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency License Edition – This allows you to configure the plugin on all of your own domains and your client web sites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Price = $247.00 per year.
Please Note: Pricing details of Thrive Content Builder depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. When we last checked, the software is selling for the pricing shown above. This may not be the actual price charged by the plugin author when you visit the product website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
The Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin developers repeatedly maintain that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have time-saving features like ready-made page elements and conversion-optimized template sets that help speed up your content creation, and on the other hand, you have complete control over your design process and the ability to edit anything and everything on your web page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, that lets you work unhindered by overly complicated steps.
For a demo video of the plugin in action, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive plugins website.
In Conclusion …
If you want to edit something, simply click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, you will see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, you drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no complicated steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your web site and create awesome marketing pages and content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For more information, visit the plugin website here: