Whatever you can think of, somewhere around the world someone is bound to be already building it using WordPress!
This article will help you discover the most intuitive visual content editor for WordPress.
Table of Contents
- Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
- Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages
Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Does The Default WordPress Editor Still Meet All Of Your Web Design Needs?
With so many advancements that the WordPress platform has undergone in recent years, many WordPress users and developers feel that using the default WordPress editor to build or edit complex layouts can be difficult.
(The built-in WordPress WYSIWYG content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing conventional text and media, but adding more complex content elements can be challenging!)
For example, let’s say you want to create something like the layout shown below …
To create the above layout, you would normally have to insert short codes into your content for each of the page elements you want to add to your page …
Normally, this is not really an issue … until you choose to reconfigure the layout (for example, move some of the content from box 3 into box 2, or replace the background color inside box 3 from red to maroon. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code.
The WordPress editor is supposed to give users an easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, but as you can see, when working with more complex page elements, often what you see in the WordPress visual content editor is not really what you are going to get when your web page is published …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some situations, some people argue that you could be better off working directly with the source html itself instead of the WordPress WYSIWYG editor when trying to build fancy page elements …
Even though WordPress is the most user-friendly CMS platform available, this makes it difficult for users with no knowledge of HTML or CSS to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental issue of having to use shortcodes and HTML to create content in WordPress can be summarized by asking two questions:
1) Speed – How long does it take to build a page using this editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the ”back end” match the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above, what you see in the editor doesn’t look even remotely similar to what you see in the front end. This means that users need to mentally translate what the content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require multiple steps before you can start configuring your page layout, or endlessly switching tabs and performing updates to see how your content is progressing, which interrupts the creative process, as you wait for your content to reload.
Many WordPress developers have come up with a range of solutions to try to make the visual editor more intuitive. These solutions range from stand alone WordPress plugins you can add to your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that provide built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make creating complex content easier!)
Some solutions include so many complex page design features, that users end up with complicated-looking front end content editors …
Many of these editors work, but they still fail to address the fundamental issue of using HTML and shortcodes as described earlier. Creating, adding and editing sophisticated content elements on a page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex layouts quickly, this can become quite frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like to build and edit your content?
Now, visualize the following scenario …
- You look at your content and if you see something that needs to be changed, simply click on the content and start writing. Your content is instantly fixed.
- You can drag and drop items around the page, and see them exactly as they will appear on the front end without having to mentally translate code.
- You have an idea for a specific piece of content you’d like to add, so you simply begin typing, and your web page gets built on the fly, without delays, without switching of tab browsers, and no waiting for new web pages to refresh and reload.
Would that not be the perfect way to create content for your site? A true WYSIWYG content builder where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the posts and pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex page layouts ”on the fly” for your web content with no technical constraints!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive WordPress click-to-edit drag-and-drop content builder plugin.
The Thrive Content Builder plugin provides you with a new and exciting way to speed up the process of adding content to your WordPress website.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor with a menu that lets you select, then drag and drop elements on your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new content editor to your WordPress site)
The Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages plugin is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins rolled into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
Let’s examine each of the above plugins and how all of this powerful functionality works together to help you easily transform and improve your web site and create amazing sales pages and content.
Thrive Content Builder
You can easily add content to your web pages and build complex page layouts using drag and drop elements …
Every aspect of your web page can be configured with ”click-to-edit” and “drag and drop” ease …
Once you have placed elements on your page, you can then further edit or customize these without going through multiple steps or switching tabs …
You can also build stunning landing pages that can just as easily be edited or customized …
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing web pages and working on content with the plugin installed is so amazingly easy, that the developers guarantee that you will never look back once you start using it
More info: Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages were created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another great plugin for WordPress we’ve previously recommended on this site.
See this post to read about this plugin:
Below are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up content creation:
Fast And Easy To Install And Configure. Be Up And Running In Very Little Time.
Thrive Content Builder is really easy to install. Simply upload a zip file containing the plugin to your Plugin folder via your WordPress admin user login and activate.
Real-Time Content Building And Editing
Thrive Content Builder is is not only really simple to use, it also lets you create and edit content in real-time.
A Truly Visual Content Editor
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see as you work within the editor – fonts, visual elements, page layouts, etc. is exactly what you get on the front end of your site.
Additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Add Stunning Web Page Layouts With Drag-And-Drop Ease: Create any type of layout you can imagine with drag and drop ease.
- Customizable Elements Included: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get a click-to-edit WordPress content editor, but the plugin also includes a collection of customizable web design elements that you can use on your content layouts without using short codes, for e.g.: tabbed content, styled lists, call to action buttons, responsive Google maps, etc.
- More Enjoyable Content Creation: Not having to deal with technical stuff, or having to wait for the updated content to refresh frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you build or edit your content or click through multiple layers of menus to get what you want done.
(Insert, edit and customize web page elements like testimonials, flat design elements, table of contents builder, call to action buttons, responsive Google maps, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder offers a number of features to WP users. Below we have listed just a few:
- All Editor Functionality Is Still Available: You have access to all of the built-in WordPress editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold, paragraph centering, headings and font sizes, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Multi-Style Elements: The plugin makes a “drag and drop” list of elements available on your post or page screen for editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin comes with a range of eye-catching and customizable elements that will help you increase your sales conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantees. In addition to being customizable, various elements also offer multiple design options.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: Add mobile-friendly elements like column layouts, text boxes, content dividers, e.g. which will resize and display correctly on different device screens.
- Add Animation Events To Web Pages: Thrive Content Builder’s Event Manager feature lets you create animated page elements, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Web Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Sets
Landing page sets are web page templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors all the way from signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin lets you add conversion-optimized web pages to your site)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time building professional web pages
- 100% conversion-optimized pages
- No tech skills required
- Works with all WordPress themes
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder not only can be used to create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, conversion optimized web page templates and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are currently 30+ templates available, with more templates being worked on. In addition to the available templates, the developers plan to release new templates for email lead generation, sales pages, training pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Completely Customizable And Flexible Landing Page Template
Typically, in order to have fully customizable landing page templates, you would need to either pay a web designer to do the work, or learn web coding languages like HTML and CSS and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use overly complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you great-looking pre-designed web pages that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change or edit anything on the page template …
The landing page template sets included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Modify text in any button, bullet point, headline, etc.
- Delete text, images or any other component of the landing page
- Change the background image or colour
- Change the color of buttons, links, text, etc.
- Choose your own fonts
- Select your own images and graphics
- Edit the size of the content area
- Rearrange the order of page elements
- Translate pages into different languages
- Add custom content in the pages
- Use pre-designed, customized pages, or create your own landing pages from scratch and save them as new page templates.
(Change or edit any aspect of the page templates)
Thrive Lightbox – Transform Your Web Site Into A Marketing Machine
The Thrive plugin package includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully configurable 2-step opt-in forms and animated elements to your website …
(Add lead capture forms and animation to your web pages with Thrive Lightbox)
2-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process helps improve your conversion rates. Visitors click on a button or image, and then they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Visitors click on a button and are presented with an opt-in form)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make opt-in forms appear when when visitors click or hover their mouse over a button or an image, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate images on your web pages, using various effects (e.g. zoom in from the page center, slide in from right to left, rotate, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your web pages with Thrive Lightbox)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over the events, triggers and design.
Below are just a few of the testimonials plugin customers have provided for Thrive Content Builder:
”Wow! This is just getting better & better. This plugin is making my websites look so professional. Keep up the great work and thank you for the new features. Ladonna Ragalin”
”Your stuff is beautifully designed, fast and has great options for marketers that you just don’t see with other themes. Great, great job! Absolutely love Thrive! David Coleman”
Thrive Content Builder – Tips
Thrive Content Builder works with any theme in WordPress, not just with Thrive Landing Pages. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on pages or posts that were not created using the plugin.
You can add WordPress shortcodes inside the Content Builder or Landing Pages plugin and they will display correctly on your website.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content built with Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder comes with free updates, new landing pages and upcoming features. The Thrive team is constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive plugins are really well-supported, and users get unlimited software upgrades, plus 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, 30 day, full refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product that just keeps getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site Licensing – This option allows you to activate the plugin on one site only. Price includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Cost = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Licensing – This option enables you to activate the plugin on all of your personal web sites. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency License – This license allows you to activate the plugin on all of your own websites and your client websites. Cost includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Note: Price details for the product depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. The price shown above was current when this review was written. This may not be the actual price charged by the software author when you visit the website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Plugin Information
The developers of the Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin repeatedly maintain that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made page elements and beautiful, conversion-optimized template sets that help to speed up page design and content creation, and on the other hand, you also have complete control over the design process and the freedom to change anything and everything on your web page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, which lets you get things done without having to open multiple dialog boxes.
For a demo video of the plugin in action, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer help desk, contact details and more, visit the Thrive Content Builder website.
The Bottom Line …
If you want to edit something, you just click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, you can see the change happen immediately. If you want to move something, simply drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no unnecessary steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your business online and create amazing sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, this plugin delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For complete details, check out the plugin here:
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
Learn how to safely and automatically backup your WordPress files and database and how to easily restore your WordPress site if something were to happen.
More info: How To Back Up & Restore WordPress Sites
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
Learn how to set up and configure a WordPress membership site using the S2 Member free WordPress membership plugin.
More info: Using S2 Member
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
Learn how to optimize your WordPress site and improve your page loading speed.
More info: How To Optimize WordPress
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
Learn how to set up an e-commerce store on your WordPress site using e-commerce platforms like WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads.
More info: Build An e-Commerce Store With WordPress