Whatever you can think of, someone is most likely already building it with WordPress!
In this article you will discover the fastest visual content editor for WordPress.
Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Does The WordPress Visual Editor Still Meet All Of Your Web Design Needs?
With all the many improvements that the WordPress platform has undergone in recent years, many WordPress users feel that the WordPress content editor is more suitable for performing simple content editing (e.g. text running down the page with right-aligned images or videos, etc.), than building and customizing content with more sophisticated layouts.
(The WordPress WYSIWYG content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing “linear” content, but adding complex layouts can be quite challenging!)
For example, if you look at the illustration below …
To create the above layout, you would need to add short codes to your content for each of the elements you want to display on the web page …
Generally, this is not an issue … unless you decide to reconfigure your layout (for example, move part of the content from box 1 into box 2, or replace the button inside a box from green to gray. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code.
The WordPress content editor is supposed to be an easy-to-use WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, but as you can see, if you are creating with more complex layouts, what you see in the visual editor may not be the same as what you get …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some instances, users would probably be better off working directly with the html source itself instead of the WordPress visual editor when trying to create non-linear page elements …
Even though WordPress is extremely easy to use, this makes it difficult for non-technical website owners to have full control of their own content.
The fundamental issue of using HTML and shortcodes to create content with WordPress can be summarized by asking 2 questions:
1) Speed – How long will it take to build a page using this editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor resemble the “front end” content when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above screenshot, what you see in the content editor looks nothing like what you see in the front end. This means that users need to abstract what the content will look like when working with sophisticated layouts. Other solutions require a number of steps before you can start configuring your page layout, or endlessly going back and forth between browser tabs and performing updates to see how your content is coming along, which interrupts the creative process, as you wait for the updated content to load.
Many WordPress web developers have tried to come up with a range of solutions with the aim of addressing this issue. These solutions range from WP plugins you can add to your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that come with built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make content creation easier!)
Some solutions end up requiring so many page-building features, that users need to learn how to work with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these alternative solutions work, but they don’t really address the fundamental issue of using HTML and shortcodes as described earlier. Creating, adding and editing sophisticated content elements on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex page content quickly, this can start to become very frustrating after a while.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your page editor to work?
Now that you’ve asked this question, imagine this …
- You look at your content and if you spot something that needs correction, simply click on the content and start writing. Your content has been instantly edited.
- You just drag and drop elements around the page, and the page looks exactly as it will display on the front end without having to mentally translate code.
- You have an idea for a specific piece of content that you’d like to create, so you just start typing, and you build your web page on the fly, without delays, without tab switching, and without having to wait for web pages to reload.
Would that not be the perfect way to build content for your WordPress web site? A true visual content builder where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around the posts and pages?
(Imagine being able to create complex web pages in real-time for your web content without technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Landing Pages And Content Builder – WordPress Click-To-Edit Drag And Drop Content And Page Creation Plugin
Thrive Content Builder is a truly intuitive WordPress click-to-edit drag-and-drop content creation plugin.
Thrive Content Builder provides you with a new and incredibly easy way to set up conversion-focused pages on your WordPress website.
Once installed, the plugin adds a visual content editor with a menu that lets you click, then drag and drop design elements to your web page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new content editing option to your WordPress site)
The plugin is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins combined into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
We will take an in-depth look at all of the above and how these powerful features work seamlessly together to help you transform and improve your business online and create awesome marketing pages and content.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin
You can easily build complex web page design layouts using drag and drop elements …
Everything on your web page can be created, changed and moved around using ”click-to-edit” and “drag and drop” …
Once elements have been added to your page, you can continue to further customize or edit these without having to go through multiple steps or switching screens …
The built-in Thrive Landing Pages also lets you work inside highly attractive landing pages and easily customize these …
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing pages and working on content with Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder installed is so effortlessly simple, that the developers warn that you’ll never look back once you start using it
For more details about the plugin go here: Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages were created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another excellent plugin we’ve previously reviewed on this site.
For more information about using the plugin, go here:
Below are just some of the benefits of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up content creation:
Quick And Simple To Install And Set Up. Be Up And Running In Minutes.
Thrive Content Builder is very easy to install. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your WP dashboard and activate.
Edit Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is is not only really simple and intuitive to use, it also lets you create and edit content in real-time.
A Truly Visual Content Builder
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see on the “backend” as you work within the editor – typefaces, elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what your visitors will see in the front end of your site.
Additional plugin benefits include the following:
- Eye-Catching Web Page Layouts With Drag And Drop Ease: Create any type of layout you can imagine with drag and drop ease.
- Customizable Elements Included: With the Thrive Content Builder plugin you not only get an amazing click-to-edit content builder, but the plugin also includes an impressive collection of professional web design elements that you can use on your pages without using short codes, for e.g.: pricing tables, table of contents builder, call to action buttons, credit card icons, etc.
- Distraction-Free Content Creation: Not having to deal with technical stuff for your page to load frees up your attention and allows you to build the web pages your business needs, quickly and without having to edit code or click through multiple layers of menus to get what you need done.
(Insert, edit and customize page elements like testimonials, pricing tables, content reveal feature, page section dividers, responsive Google map embeds, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder Features
Thrive Content Builder offers WP users many powerful features. Below we have listed just a few:
- All Content Editor Functionality Is Still Available: You have access to all of the regular text editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold, paragraph formatting, heading styles, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements Menu: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” list of elements to your post or page screen for creating and editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin comes with various eye-catching and customizable elements that will help increase your sales conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonial boxes, and guarantees. In addition to being customizable, various elements also offer multiple design options.
- Responsive Web Page Design: Add responsive elements like column layouts, boxes, content dividers, e.g. which will resize and display great on different device screens.
- Add Animation To Pages: The plugin’s Event Manager feature lets you insert animations, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Template Sets
Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors all the way from initial signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin gives you access to conversion-optimized page templates)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time and money building great-looking web pages for your WordPress site
- 100% conversion-optimized web pages
- No web coding skills required
- Works with all WordPress themes
Thrive Content and Page Builder not only lets you create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of professionally designed, landing page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Thrive Landing Pages provides sets of templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are currently over 30 templates available, with more templates planned for release. In addition to the templates shown above, the developers plan to release new web page templates for email lead generation, sales pages, training pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Completely Customizable And Flexible Landing Page Template Sets
Normally, in order to have fully customizable landing page templates, you would need to either hire a web developer to do the work, or learn how to code web pages and figure out how to edit the page code yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to code or use overly complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for creating conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you stunning pre-built web pages that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that allows you to change or edit any element of your page templates …
The landing page template sets included with this plugin let you do the following:
- Modify text in any bullet point, button, headline, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other component of the landing page
- Replace any background images or background colours
- Change the color of links, text, buttons, etc.
- Choose your own fonts
- Use your own images and graphics
- Modify the size of the content area
- Change the order of page elements
- Translate everything on the page into a different language
- Add custom content anywhere inside the pages
- Use pre-designed, customized pages, or create your own landing pages from scratch and save them as new web page templates.
(Change or edit any element of your page)
Thrive Lightbox – Transform Your WordPress Site Into A Powerful Marketing Machine
The Thrive package also includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully configurable 2-step opt-in forms and animated elements to your web pages …
(Add opt-in forms and animated elements to your WordPress pages with Thrive Lightbox)
Thrive Lighbox Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A 2-step opt-in process can help improve your conversion rates. When visitors click on a button or image they are presented with your opt-in form …
(Opt-in forms can help increase your conversion rates.)
Thrive Lightbox Event Manager
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when your visitor clicks or hovers over a button or an image, or when someone scrolls down to a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your web pages, using various animation effects (e.g. zoom out, slide in from top to bottom, roll in, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your WordPress web site with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over your events, triggers and design.
Feedback From Users
Here are some of the testimonials and feedback plugin users have written about Thrive Content Builder:
”Wow! This is just getting better & better. This plugin is making my websites look so professional. Keep up the great work and thank you for the new features. Ladonna Ragalin”
”Great stuff! I am really impressed by all the new additions. You guys have shown a true commitment to making these themes and the Content Builder awesome. Michael Johnson”
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with the Thrive Landing Pages plugin. Note, however, that you cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on pages or posts that were not created using the plugin.
You can add WordPress short codes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will display correctly on on your site.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build using Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder Support
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages provides free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The Thrive team is constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is very well-supported, and users get lifetime software upgrades, plus 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, thirty day, full refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product that will just keep getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site License – This license lets you set up the plugin on one site only. Includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Cost = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Edition – This lets you configure the plugin on all sites that you own. Pricing includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Cost = $87.00.
- Agency License – Use on all your web sites & on all your client web sites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Cost = $247.00 per year.
Note: Price details for the Thrive Content Builder plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time special offers. Currently, the software is being retailed for the prices shown above. This may not be the actual pricing charged by the software seller when you visit the website and you may be shown additional upsells or one-time offers after your purchase.
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
The developers of the Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages plugin repeatedly assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have the time-saving benefits of ready-made web page elements and conversion-optimized templates that help to make designing your content faster, and on the other hand, you also have 100% control over the design process and the ability to change and customize everything on your page, using the plugin’s click-to-edit and drag and drop features, that lets you get things done without having to keep switching tabs or going through multiple steps.
For a demo video of the plugin in action, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the plugin website.
Install The Plugin …
If you want to edit something, you click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, do it, and you will see the change happen instantly. If you want to move something, all you need to do is simply drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no extra steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your web site and create amazing sales pages, streamlined landing pages and engaging content, Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For complete details, check out the plugin here: