Whatever you can imagine, someone is most likely already building it with WordPress!
This article will help you discover how to create beautiful web page layouts with drag & drop ease in WordPress sites.
Drag & Drop Content Editors For WordPress
Does The Default WordPress Visual Editor Still Meet All Of Your Page Design Needs?
With all the rapid improvements that WordPress has undergone in recent years, many WordPress developers and users believe that the WordPress editor is more suitable for performing regular content editing (e.g. text running down the page with right-aligned images or videos, etc.), than creating and editing content within more sophisticated layouts.
(The built-in WordPress WYSIWYG content editor is great for adding, formatting and editing “linear” text and images, but adding more complex layouts can be quite challenging!)
For example, if you look at the illustration below …
Adding the above layout would require inserting something that looks like this into your WordPress visual editor …
Normally, this is not an issue … until you need to change the layout (for example, move some of the content from box 3 into box 2, or replace the button in a box from dark green to another colour. Then, you’re stuck having to mess around with code.
The WordPress editor is supposed to be an easy-to-use WYSIWYG content editor, but as you can see, if you are trying to add complex layouts, often what you see in the visual editor may not be what you are getting when your page gets published …
(“What You See” isn’t always “What You Get” … unless you can visualize code!)
In some instances, you would probably be better off working directly with the html source itself instead of the WordPress WYSIWYG editor when trying to build fancy page elements …
Even though WordPress is extremely easy to use, this makes it difficult for non-technical users to fully manage their own content.
The fundamental problem about using shortcodes and HTML to create content in WordPress can be summarized by asking 2 questions:
1) Speed – How long will it take to build a web page using the editor?
2) Abstraction – How closely does the content in the editor resemble the content in the “front end” when you are creating or editing a page?
As you can see from the above image, what you see when working in the editor doesn’t look even remotely similar to what you see in the front end. This means that you have to abstract what your content will look like when working with complex layouts. Other solutions require multiple steps before you can begin configuring your page layout, or endlessly going back and forth between tabs and performing updates to see how your content is coming along, which can affect how fast you can create your content, as you wait for your updated content to refresh.
Many WordPress developers have tried to come up with a range of solutions aiming to make content editing easier. These range from stand alone plugins you can add to your site that add new functionality to the editor, to themes that include built-in features like drag and drop editing …
(WordPress “drag and drop” editors aim to make content creation easier!)
Some solutions end up requiring so many page design features, that users need to learn how to work with complicated-looking front end editors …
Many of these alternative solutions work, but they don’t address the fundamental issue of using HTML and shortcodes as described earlier. Creating, adding and editing sophisticated content elements on a web page becomes overly complicated, involves multiple steps and doesn’t match what users expect to see on the “front end.”
If you want to create or edit complex page content quickly, this can start to become quite frustrating.
Ask yourself this …
If there were no technical constraints, how would you like your page editor to work?
Now that you’ve asked this question, imagine the following scenario …
- You see something in your content that needs fixing so you, simply click on the content and start editing it. Your content has been instantly changed.
- You just drag and drop items around the page, and see them exactly as they will appear on the front end without having to mentally visualize code.
- You have an idea for an item of content you would like to create, so you simply begin typing, and you build your web page on the fly, with no delays, without tab switching, and without having to wait for new web pages to resave and reload.
Would this not be the ideal way to build content for your WordPress website? A true WYSIWYG editor where all you have to do is click-to-edit and drag and drop elements around your pages and posts?
(Imagine being able to create complex web pages quickly for your web content with no technical skills required!)
If you are ready to change the way you create content in WordPress site, then here is a plugin that you may want to consider using …
Thrive Content Builder Plugin – The Simplest Way To Create Stunning Content And Beautiful Web Page Layouts In WordPress Websites
Thrive Content Builder is a ground-breaking plugin for WordPress that allows you to easily add beautiful content to WordPress posts and pages with a click-to-edit and drag and drop content editor.
Thrive Content Builder provides you with a new and incredibly easy way to speed up the process of creating great content on your WordPress website.
Once installed, Thrive Content Builder adds a visual content editor with an item menu that lets you click, then drag and drop design elements to your page …
(Thrive Content Builder adds a new visual content editor to your WordPress site)
The Thrive Content Builder And Landing Pages plugin is actually a combination of the Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages plugins rolled into one, plus an additional plugin feature called Thrive Lightbox.
We’ll take a look at all of the above and how all of this functionality works seamlessly together to help you easily transform and improve your business online and create amazing sales pages and engaging content.
Thrive Content Builder Plugin
This plugin lets you easily add content to your web pages and build complex page layouts using drag and drop elements …
Every aspect of your page can be designed and edited by ”clicking-to-edit” and “dragging and dropping” things around the page …
Once you have placed elements on your page, you can then edit or customize them without going through additional steps or switching screens …
You can also create beautiful landing pages and easily edit these …
Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder is simple, easy to use, and ideal for all WordPress users at all levels. In fact, designing web pages with the Thrive Landing Pages and Content Builder plugin installed is so amazingly easy, that the developers warn that once you start using it, you’ll never look back!
Go here to learn more about the plugin: Thrive Content Builder
Thrive Content Builder and Thrive Landing Pages were created by the same team that developed Thrive Leads, another great plugin for WordPress that we have previously recommended on this site.
To read about this plugin, go here:
Below we have listed just some of the benefits and advantages of using Thrive Content Builder to speed up the process of designing pages and creating content for your site:
Quick And Easy To Install And Set Up. Be Up And Running In Minutes.
Thrive Content Builder installs like any plugin. Just upload the plugin file to your Plugin folder via your WP dashboard and activate.
Edit And Create Content In Real Time
Thrive Content Builder is very simple and intuitive to use and lets you edit content in real-time.
What You See Is Truly What You Get
With Thrive Content Builder installed, what you see on the “backend” as you work within the content editor – typefaces, elements, layouts, etc. is exactly what your visitors will see on the front end of your site.
Additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Eye-Catching Web Page Layouts With Drag-And-Drop Ease: Create any kind of layout you can imagine with intuitive drag and drop functionality.
- Design Elements Included: With Thrive Content Builder you not only get an exciting and an easy-to-use click-to-edit WordPress content editor, but the plugin also includes a collection of customizable design elements that you can customizable and add to your layouts without using shortcodes, for e.g.: content toggle, borderless content, page section dividers, code insert boxes, etc.
- Ideal For Non-Technical Users: Not having to wait for your new content to refresh frees up your attention and allows you to be more focused while you build or edit your content or click through multiple steps to get what you need done.
(Add, edit and customize web page elements like testimonials, pricing tables, borderless content, page section dividers, Google Map embeds, etc.)
Thrive Content Builder provides a number of powerful features to WP users. Below we have listed just a few:
- All WordPress Content Functionality Is Still Available: You have all of the regular WordPress text editing options that you are used to (e.g. bold, centering text, font sizes, etc.),
- Drag And Drop Elements: The plugin adds a “drag and drop” list of multi-style elements to your post or page screen when creating or editing content.
- Conversion-Boosting Elements: The plugin includes a range of attention-grabbing and customizable elements that will help you increase your sales conversions, including buttons and call-to-action elements, testimonials, and guarantee forms. In addition to being customizable, various elements also offer multiple design options.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: Add responsive elements like column layouts, boxes, content dividers, e.g. which will adjust to display correctly on different device screens.
- Add Animation Events To Your Web Pages: The plugin’s Event Manager feature lets you add animations, trigger lightboxes and more!
(Add Animated Elements To Your Pages)
Thrive Landing Pages – Landing Page Template Sets
Landing page sets are templates that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language to take your visitors from initial signup to purchase, product download and more.
(Thrive Landing Pages plugin lets you add conversion-optimized web pages to your web site)
Thrive Landing Pages Plugin – Benefits
- Everything is hosted on your own WordPress site
- Save time designing and customizing pages for your WordPress web site
- 100% conversion-optimized web page templates
- No technical skills needed
- Works with all themes
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages not only can be used to create beautiful-looking content in your WordPress posts and pages, but you can also choose from dozens of beautifully designed, landing page templates that are conversion-optimized and fully customizable …
(Landing page template sets that work together logically and use the same conversion-optimized design language)
There are currently 30+ templates available, with more templates planned for release. In addition to the existing templates, expect to see new templates in the future for email lead generation, sales pages, lesson pages, personal branding pages, webinar pages and more.
Customize Your Landing Page Template Sets
Typically, in order to fully customize landing page templates, you would need to either hire a web site developer to do the work, or learn web coding languages like HTML and CSS and figure out what to do yourself.
As Shane Melaugh, co-founder of Thrive Themes says …
“There are many ways to get a pre-designed page published quickly, but the problem comes with customization. Total design freedom requires either hiring web developers to do the work for you, or learn how to do it yourself, which involves learning how to mess around with code or use overly complicated editors. Customizable usually means complicated, expensive or time-consuming. So, you can either have something that is fast and easy to set up, or something that is customizable and flexible. But you couldn’t have both … until now! With Thrive Landing Pages you get the best of both worlds for building conversion-optimized web pages.”
Thrive Landing Pages gives you attractive pre-built page templates that are fully optimized and ready to go, and complete design freedom that lets you change and customize anything on your page …
With the landing page template sets included with this plugin, you can:
- Modify text in all headlines, buttons, bullet points, etc.
- Remove text, images or any other element of your landing page
- Change all background images and edit colour
- Edit the color of text, buttons, links, etc.
- Use your own fonts
- Use your own images and graphics
- Change content area size
- Change the order of elements on your page
- Translate everything on the page into different languages
- Add custom content anywhere inside the pages
- Use pre-designed, customized pages, or create your own web pages from scratch and save them as new web page templates.
(Change or customize any element of your page)
Transform Your Site Into A Marketing Machine With Thrive Lightbox
The Thrive package includes Thrive Lightbox, which lets you add fully customizable two-step opt-in forms and animated elements to your site …
(Add lead capture forms and animation to your WordPress website with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
Thrive Lighbox Two-Step Opt-in Forms
A two-step opt-in process can help increase your conversion rates. Visitors click on an image or button, and then they are presented with your opt-in form …
(two-step opt-in forms help to improve your conversion rates.)
An “event” consists of a trigger and an action. You can make an opt-in form appear when your visitor clicks or hovers over a button or an image, or when someone reaches a certain point on the page. You can also use the Event Manager to animate attention-getting elements on your page, using a range of animation effects (e.g. zoom out, slide in from right to left, rotate, etc.
(Set up and manage events on your WordPress site with the Thrive Lightbox plugin)
A lightbox and event is created automatically for your landing pages, but you also have complete control over events, triggers and design.
Feedback From Plugin Users
Below are some of the testimonials and feedback users have provided for the Thrive Content Builder plugin:
“I have had nothing but the best experience imaginable with this tool since I purchased it. This is by far one of, if not the best plug-in I have purchase to date and it has definitely made working with WordPress a whole new experience. Jim Bond”
”Great stuff! I am really impressed by all the new additions. You guys have shown a true commitment to making these themes and the Content Builder awesome. Michael Johnson”
Thrive Content Builder works with any WordPress theme, not just with Thrive Landing Pages. You cannot use Thrive Content Builder to edit content on pages or posts that were not created using the plugin.
You can add WordPress shortcodes inside Thrive Content Builder or Thrive Landing Pages and they will be displayed correctly when published.
Thrive Lightbox works with any content you build using Thrive Content Builder.
Thrive Content Builder and Landing Pages Plugin comes with free updates, new landing templates and upcoming features. The Thrive team is constantly working on adding new features and improving existing ones.
Thrive software is really well-supported, and users get lifetime software upgrades, and 1 year unlimited support with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, thirty day, full refund guarantee.
This is an exciting product that just keeps getting better.
At the time of writing, the pricing information shown below includes all three components described above (Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Landing Pages & Thrive Lightbox):
- Single Site Licensing – This enables you to install the plugin on a single site. Price includes full feature set, unlimited updates and 1 year of unlimited support. Cost = $59.00.
- Unlimited Sites Edition – This lets you run the plugin on all of your personal sites. Pricing includes full feature set, unlimited updates and one year of unlimited support. Price = $87.00.
- Agency Licensing – This license lets you run the plugin on all of your own domains and all client sites. Includes access to Thrive Content Builder, plus all Thrive Themes & Thrive Plugins. Price = $247.00 per year.
Note: Current pricing for the Thrive Content Builder software depends on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. Presently, the product is selling for the pricing shown above. This may or may not be the actual price set by the software developer when you visit the plugin website and there may be additional upsells or one-time offers after purchasing.
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing here:
Additional Plugin Info
The developers of the Thrive Content Builder plugin emphatically assert that the plugin’s architecture gives you the “best of both worlds,” and help bring back the “joy of creating content.”
On the one hand, you have time-saving features like ready-made page elements and template sets that help to speed up your content creation, and on the other hand, you also have 100% control over the design process and the freedom to change anything and everything on your web page, using the plugin’s visual content editor, which lets you get things done without having to keep switching tabs or going through multiple steps.
For a demo video of the plugin in action, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, contact details and more, visit the plugin website.
In Conclusion …
If you want to edit something, you click on the element and start editing. If you want to change something, you’ll see the change happen immediately. If you want to move something, simply drag it and drop it into its new position. There are no extra steps involved.
If you want to transform and improve your business online and create awesome sales pages and engaging content, Thrive Content Builder delivers an incredible conversion-boosting package with a single, inexpensive plugin.
For more information, visit the plugin website here: