The Internet Age has transformed the way we live and do business. However, it has also placed us in a position where we are continuously under the potential threat of becoming a victim of online theft, having our digital information hacked into and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or destroyed.
If you manage any online assets like a website for your business, then you need to pay careful attention to digital security and the urgency of developing an online security plan.
As well as developing an online security plan for your business, you will also want to prevent loss of valuable data from accidents that can set your business back. Having a way to fully restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that can only be appreciated once tragedy has struck.
Then again, you may also want to save time. If aspects of your business require working with multiple websites or blogs, having a smart way of copying site information from one site to another would be most convenient.
As every experienced webmaster has learnt, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website and blog data, therefore, is absolutely essential. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, so few site owners do it, or don’t do it as often as these things should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and doing things that end up disrupting your site is all part of the reality of doing business online. If something this tragic were to ever happen to you, then you would need a quick and easy way to restore old information, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and data.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then there’s an easy tool that allows you to create backups of your WordPress database and web site files, clone your site to another location and restore previous backups of your data.
Backup Creator – Backup, Clone And Keep Your WP Web Site Protected
The Backup Creator WordPress plugin is a “one-click” solution for backing up your website data, duplicating your sites and content and keeping your WP websites and blogs protected.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your web site:
Backup Creator is quite easy to install. Just upload a zip file that contains the plugin to your Plugin folder via your WordPress administrator login and activate.
Enter the license key required to unlock the plugin and the software is ready to use.
Very Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the whole process of creating regular backups and restoring and protecting your blogs and WordPress web sites very simple. Everything can be done in a few simple mouse clicks. This makes Backup Creator an ideal backup tool for non-technical users.
As well as saving time restoring your site’s data should something cause irreparable problems for your site, Backup Creator can be especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar configurations.
Once you’ve set up your master , you can then create as many duplicates as you want. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new websites.
Additional benefits include the following:
- Back Up Large Sites: Often, owners of sites that contain huge amounts of data can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Plugin customers report being able to easily perform large site backups. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data may depend on the webhosting company you use and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data and files can be restored should anything happen to your site is priceless, especially if your business depends on having your information available online.
Backup Creator Features
Backup Creator provides many features to WordPress users. Here are just some of these:
- Instant Backup. One button is all you need to click to back up your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship your backup to the storage location of your choice. You can download it to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP your backup offsite.
- Instantly Restore Backups To Anywhere. Instantly restore your WordPress data to any destination you like. You can copy all content and files straight from another WP blog, upload via your internet browser or even transfer remotely from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology allows fast deployment of unlimited pre-configured client sites in only seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Set up your backup schedule one time and the software takes over. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Just select your schedule and you are done.
- Backup With Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. manage, store, and restore all of your backups in one single offsite storage location and from anywhere in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once the plugin has been installed, you can perform backups with just one click …
Below are just a few of the testimonials and comments users have published about the Backup Creator plugin:
”I just want to say thank you for creating such a great & easy to use cloning plugin.” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
”I am using Hostgator, have backed up a number of wp sites at least three times with no problems. It’s amazing how fast this works. Twice when I backed up a pretty big site, the time on the back up file appearing in my email in box was within a minute to 2 minutes of when it was posted as backed up on my computer. Your manual was so complete and easy to follow I was able to figure it out and do the back up the first time with no problems at all. Often I find techies are not all that good with explaining the how to of their tools. Not you guys. It was so clear and easy to use, it was done before I knew it.” Pat Wiklund, TakeChargeAndMoveOn.com
“Fantastic plugin, created a site that I needed to swap over to another domain, followed your step by step video, job done in less than 5 minutes, hadn’t even opened it prior to doing this, an absolute breeze – awesome.” Tim Rees, MidWebServices.com
Here are some great uses for this tool:
Document Your Website Processes As You Go.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all the processes you would normally have to document in order to create new sites, you can just set up your website or blog exactly how you want it, back it up|make an identical copy of site and then restore it on a new domain and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your site setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up a number of blogs which use identical plugins and settings in other niches. This could be for a franchised food service outlet, or an insurance agency with offices in different locations, where each office will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your discussion settings, permalinks, configuring SEO plugins and navigation menus, creating site categories, customizing the theme, etc. Now you can instantly install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured blog every time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Copy A Blog With Correct Destination Links.
Simply backing up WP files and restoring WordPress files won’t duplicate your sites successfully. You also need to copy the WordPress database and make sure that your links point to the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another domain, but still be referencing the old domain. This is why it’s important to use a WordPress backup plugin that was specifically developed to clone sites. This allows you to back up site “A” and restore it to site “B” with all your theme customizations, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, and everything will point correctly to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another useful time-saving tip: if your site ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your broken site, delete your old site, then restore a previous working version. Your site is now instantly back and you can then send the damaged files to a WordPress expert who can then try to figure out how your site got broken into and how to patch up or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more final tip:
Archive Your Site’s Changes Over Time.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your business online got started? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to restore things to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and other important content and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing data are minimal because you no longer have to worry about where you have stored or organized all your files. Just recall when you remember you had that file, restore the backup (note: the backup can be anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WordPress plugin. It was developed by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Backup Creator support includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 60 day, complete money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of webhosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
“Your service is fantastic!” Steve Dougherty, WP3Guide.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal domains, as well as schedule automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator Developer allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Plugin Information
For ”how to” videos showing how the plugin works, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your WordPress website’s data and files is a vital aspect of doing good website maintenance and ensuring that your site remains protected from disaster. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely clone your sites.
For this reason, we strongly recommend choosing the Backup Creator plugin to backup, clone and protect your WordPress sites.