One of the unfortunate consequences of doing business in the Internet Age is that we are continuously under the potential threat of having our websites and social media accounts hacked into and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or erased.
If you own anything where data can be visited online like a website, then you need to prioritize digital security and the urgency of developing a web security and site recovery plan.
In addition to implementing an online security and site recovery plan for your business, you will also want to prevent loss of data from mistakes that can set your business back. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that can only be appreciated once tragedy has struck.
Then again, you may also want to save time. If your business involves cloning a number of websites or blogs, having a smart way to copy site data from one website to another can be very convenient.
As the saying goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your website’s files, therefore, is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, so few people do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your site hacked, losing data, and making errors that can ruin your site is all part of having an online business presence. If something this tragic ever happens to you, then you will need a way to restore old content, get back an earlier version of your site, or complete reinstall your site and previous data.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered site, then there’s a simple solution that lets you create backups of your WordPress database and website files, copy your site to another location and restore your old site and data.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone And Protect Your WP Website
Backup Creator is an easy-to-use WordPress plugin that lets you schedule and automate your site back ups, copy all of your websites and content and keep your WordPress websites and blogs protected.
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Be Up And Running In No Time
Backup Creator is quite easy to install. Simply upload it to your Plugin folder via your WP administrator login and activate.
After entering a license key, the plugin unlocks and the software will be ready to use.
Really Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to instantly backup, restore and protect your blogs and sites. All it takes is a couple of mouse clicks. This makes Backup Creator an ideal backup tool for non-technical users.
Saves Lots Of Time
Apart from saving time and benefiting from the peace of mind of knowing that your data and files can be quickly retrieved should anything happen, Backup Creator can be especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar or identical settings.
Once you’ve set up your prototype , you can then clone as many copies as you need. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up and configuring new sites.
Additional benefits include:
- Perform Large Backups: Often, owners of sites or blogs that contain huge amounts of data can experience problems with backups. Many customers report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes depends on your webhosting service and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your data can be quickly and easily recovered should anything happen to your site is a priceless benefit, especially when things depend on having your information available online.
Backup Creator provides many great features to web site owners. Here are just some of these:
- Instant Site Backups. Click 1 button to backup your entire website or blog. Once your site is backed up, you can then send it to the secure destination of your choice. Download the backup to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP the backup to an offsite destination.
- Restore To Any Location. Instantly restore your website or blog to any destination you like. You can clone it straight from another blog, upload using your internet browser or even transfer remotely from FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology enables unlimited deployment of preconfigured client sites in just seconds, without the use of FTP.
Additional features include:
- Automatic Scheduling: Set up your backup schedule one time and the plugin takes over. There are no files to upload and no cron jobs or FTP is required. Simply select your schedule and you are done.
- Backup With Remote FTP And Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store, restore, and manage all of your data backups in a single offsite location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Below are a couple of the testimonials that customers have published about Backup Creator:
”You saved me 30 minutes just by using it once, as I get paid $50 an hour, this product is definitely worth it.” Martin Capodici, SydneyWebGuy.com
“This is exactly what I was looking for! Literally 2 minutes after initial download, I had a completely cloned and perfectly set up blog … literally saving me at least 30 minutes of set up. When I combine that with the time it would have taken me to set up the dozens of sites I build each month — you get the picture. Worth its weight in gold” Jenn Dize, DollhouseSales.com
”I really like this plugin, you can to save and to keep all information of your blog in few minutes in safe way.” Miguel Medina, TecnicasParaHablarEnPublico.com
Here are some great uses for the Backup Creator plugin:
Instant Documentation Of Website Processes.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all of the steps necessary to make your website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a website setup manual, you can simply set up your site exactly the way you want it, make a backup copy|copy your site and then restore it somewhere else and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several sites using identical plugins, settings, and configurations in different niches. This could be for a national food service outlet, or a real estate agency with offices in different locations, where each store will look after their own separate blog. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and fine-tuning your discussion settings, permalinks, configuring SEO plugins and navigation menus, creating the main content sections, customizing the theme, etc. You can now save loads of time and install a fully-functioning, completely configured blog every time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Copy A Web Site With Correct Internal Referencing URLs.
Simply downloading WordPress files and uploading WordPress file backups won’t duplicate your blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and ensure that your links reference the new domain. Otherwise, your data will be restored to another website, but still be referencing the old domain. That’s why you need to have a WordPress backup plugin that is specifically created for cloning. This allows you to back up site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all your themes, plugins, settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your site ever gets hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and causes some kind of damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your broken site, delete your old site, and restore a previous working version. Your site is now functional again and you can then send the damaged site’s files to a WordPress expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to patch up or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more tip:
Document Your Site’s Progress Over Time.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your digital presence began? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to restore things to a place of simplicity. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles or videos and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing files are minimal because you don’t need to be concerned about where you have stored or organized all your files. Just go back to the time you remember you had that content, restore the backup (note: the backup can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and retrieve the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WordPress plugin. It was authored by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free software upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 60 day, full money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Easy install, great training material and plugin works like a dream.”Gede Kencana, AutoInsuranceZone.org
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate – Backup Creator Ultimate allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal URLs, as well as schedule automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox plus Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders get backed up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator developer license allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade after purchasing one of the other editions. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Check the plugin’s website for the current price here:
Additional Plugin Information
For ”how-to” videos of the plugin in action, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website’s data and files is an essential aspect of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great WP backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to fully clone your sites and pre-configured WP installations.
For this reason, we strongly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WordPress web sites.