WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Learning how to bring visitors to your website is vital to building a successful web presence. Lack of web visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Get More Visitors To Their Websites?
If you search for any of the following information in Google …
- “increase web traffic to your web site for free”
- “increase visitors to my web site for free”
- “top 10 ways to drive more web traffic”
- “cheapest way to bring more visitors using StumbleUpon”
- “drive web traffic to your website for free”
… and you will be presented with thousands of pages providing tips, tricks, and information about strategies to increase traffic to your web site …
(There are many ways to drive more web traffic to your site. This article series will help you set up a system to take advantage of all these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your site. There are loads of products and free sites online that can show you cost-effective how to drive more traffic to your site.
The problem is often more about business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to drive traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are a number ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the typical approach most businesses take when it comes to generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how most site owners approach the challenge of generating website traffic)
Essentially, the typical approach many small businesses take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your site.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a smarter approach.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will address the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you already have systems in place to manage your traffic generation activities. If not, you will probably end up wasting a lot of your valuable time and money searching for a profitable traffic-getting method.
(Without a proper foundation and the right systems in place, traffic generation can be a very costly activity!)
Driving more web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online, implementing the right systems, testing campaign variables, experimenting with different advertising and promotional methods, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, etc.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Generate Web Traffic?
Imagine owning a web site where the only thing you had to do to instantly deliver web traffic to your website was to regularly add quality content to your web site.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! As a matter of fact, many website owners are already doing this … and so can you!
In this article series, you will discover the process of setting up an automated traffic generation system that can begin delivering an ongoing stream of web traffic to your website, simply by adding regular content to your website.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Increase Traffic To Your Site
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable web traffic
- Add web content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating traffic data
- Start adding other traffic methods and test
(To generate sustainable web traffic, you first need to put in the right systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step 1. The purpose of our article is to lay the foundations of a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation strategies, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just add content and your site then does the rest, informing other sites about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is not the same thing as a professionally-configured WordPress web site.
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is a blog that is not only built with WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take full advantage of the tremendous power, ease-of-use and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with other services, specifically in areas like SEO, external site syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Web Site?
We write extensively on this site about the benefits of using the WordPress CMS to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress site can be used to create an automated traffic system requires a number of article installments, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to this site (this way, you will be informed when new information on this topic gets published).
Let’s begin by answering some basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? What does WordPress offer that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the diagram below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many websites are traditionally built on platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the web site pages just sit inside a server waiting to be discovered. A static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside the application; it doesn’t send out signals to anyone in cyberspace or inform any other website when new content has been added to the site.
Think about it … if with a static website, all of your content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually promote your site and your content to continue bringing in new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS application provides many features that allow you to set up, easily configure and build an automated “online traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is post new content and WordPress then does the rest, immediately notifying search engines, social media and other online properties about your site to start bringing you new web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply add content and WordPress will do the rest, notifying other sites about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The WordPress Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated web traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be expertly configured for optimal results.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also integrating your WordPress site with 3rd-party services and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your WordPress site settings have been configured and integrated with various third-party tools, you then begin to publish new content consistently and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your content wider exposure online to new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can also start to track and analyze your incoming traffic and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions when using different traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part One
To read more, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles aimed at helping site owners learn how to grow their business online inexpensively using a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published – Subscribe To WPCompendium.org!
"I am beyond impressed with what you have put together. I can tell that you put a ton of hard work into building what you have. You have the absolute best content on WordPress I have ever seen!" - Robert T. Jillie