WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Finding sustainable strategies to increase visitors to your website is vital to running a successful web presence. Lack of web traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Drive Traffic To Their Web Sites?
Search for any of the information below in Google …
- “get more web traffic to my web site for free”
- “how can I bring more web traffic to my website for free”
- “top 100 resources to drive web traffic”
- “ways to get visitors using StumbleUpon”
- “drive more targeted buyers to your website”
… and you will immediately find loads of tips, tricks, and information on different ways to help you get more website visitors …
(There are many strategies to increase web traffic to your web site. This article series will show you how to set up a simple system to take advantage of all these traffic generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your web site. There are thousands of products and free information that can teach you effective ways to bring more visitors to your web site.
The problem is often more to do with business owners not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are ways to configure your site to leverage and automate your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows how many small businesses approach the process of generating traffic to their sites …
(This is how most website owners approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites)
Essentially, the approach most businesses typically take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your site.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a smarter approach.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of thinking that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will address this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have great systems in place to manage and process information about your traffic generation activities already. If not, all you will probably do is end up spending a lot of your time and money looking for a winning strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, online traffic generation can end up being a very costly activity!)
Getting more web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting systems in place, testing campaign variables, experimenting with different marketing and promotional services, tracking results, comparing ROI across different traffic generation opportunities, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Grow Website Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to drive targeted traffic to your business was to regularly publish valuable content to your web site.
This is not fantasy … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are already doing what we have described above … and you can too!
In our article series, you will learn how to set up an automated traffic machine that can help begin attracting targeted visitors to your web site, simply by publishing content to your website on a regular basis.
How To Set Up An Automated Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves 3 fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for generating sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to drive traffic and generate web traffic data organically
- Add new traffic methods and test
(To get sustainable traffic, you first need to set up the right systems)
At this point, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The purpose of this article is to give you an overview of how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically get your web content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, analyze results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply publish content and WordPress will then do the rest, notifying the world about your new content and bringing you back web traffic!)
What Is An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
An expertly configured WordPress web site is different than a professionally-configured WordPress website.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress blog is a website that is not only driven by WordPress, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, features and functionality of WordPress and its integration with other sites, specifically in areas like search engine optimization, 3rd-party site notification, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Driven Web Site?
We have published many comprehensive blog posts on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven sites to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog will drive targeted traffic to your business requires a number of article installments, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our content and consider subscribing to our site (this way, you will be informed whenever new information on this topic is published).
Let’s start by addressing some basic questions:
Why WordPress? What does WordPress do that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static Website vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many websites are built with applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the web site pages simply sit inside your server waiting to be found. By itself, the static website doesn’t communicate with anyone else outside the application; it doesn’t send out signals to anybody in cyberspace or inform any other site that new content has been added.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, all of your content simply sits there passively waiting to be found, then you have to continually promote your site and your content to keep driving new visitors.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress CMS software provides many features that give users the ability to set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add content and your site then does the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your site to automatically drive you more traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you simply post new content and your site will then do the rest, notifying the world about your new content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated website traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a website yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be configured for maximum benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also the integration of your built-in WordPress features with external tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once your site settings have been configured and integrated with various third-party services, you then begin publishing new content regularly and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to potential new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content publishing strategy to build traffic sustainably. With the right systems in place, you can start to track and analyze your results and gather valuable data that will allow you to make better decisions when using additional traffic generation strategies.
This is the end of Section One
To read more, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of tutorials aimed at helping you learn how to grow your business online and drive traffic automatically using a WordPress website and proven web marketing strategies.
Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published – Subscribe To Our Site!
"I love the way your email series "Infinite Web Content Creation Training Series" is documented and presented. It is very absorbing and captivating. The links and tutorials are interesting and educational. This has motivated me to rewrite my content following the concepts I am learning from the email series." - Mani Raju, www.fortuneinewaste.com