WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Discovering effective strategies to get traffic to your website is one of the fundamental skills of building a successful business presence online. Lack of website traffic is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Struggling To Bring Visitors To Their Web Sites?
If you type any of the following key phrases into Google …
- “attract web traffic to my website for free”
- “bring traffic to my web site”
- “ways to get web visitors”
- “learn how to get traffic using Pinterest”
- “I need free web traffic”
… and you will be presented with tons of pages that contain tips, tricks, and information on methods to help drive more website visitors …
(There are lots of ways to get more web traffic to your web site. This article series will show you how to set up a system to benefit from most of these traffic generation methods!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive more visitors to your site. There are loads of products and free resources that can show you effective ways to get more traffic to your site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing sufficient time into learning how to generate new traffic sustainably, not setting up systems for managing the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are several ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The picture below shows the typical approach most small businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how many small businesses approach the challenge of generating traffic to their sites)
Essentially, the approach most small businesses typically take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to your site.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a better way.
You shouldn’t make the mistake of believing that “outsourcing” your traffic generation will eliminate the problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation activities. If not, you will probably end up wasting a lot of time and money looking for a positive ROI strategy that can deliver you a positive ROI.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, online traffic generation can become very costly!)
Sustainable traffic generation involves laying a solid foundation online, putting proper systems in place, continually testing campaign variables, experimenting with different advertising and promotional methods, analyzing results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation methods, and so on.
Is There A Simple, Automated Way To Generate Web Visitors?
Imagine if you owned a web site where the only thing you had to do to drive web traffic to your business was to publish content consistently.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are already doing this … and so can you!
In our article series, you will discover what you need to do to set up an automated traffic generation machine that can help drive an ongoing stream of new targeted traffic to your site, simply by publishing content to your website on a regular basis.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Bring More Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we present in this article series involves three basic steps:
- Set up specific systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start driving traffic and generating traffic data
- Add new traffic methods and test
(Sustainable traffic generation requires laying a solid foundation online and implementing proper systems)
Right now, we’ll mostly be focusing on Step One. The aim of this article is to lay the foundations of a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money by starting with a simple setup and scaling things to suit your budget
- Automatically notify search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, monitor results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to throughout our article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress website …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just post content and your website will then do the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress site is a blog that is not only built with the WordPress CMS platform, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the tremendous power, features and functionality of WordPress and its integration with various services, specifically in areas like SEO, 3rd-party site notification, and analytics.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Website?
We have published many comprehensive blog posts on this site about the benefits of using WordPress-driven sites to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress web site can instantly begin attracting targeted visitors to your business requires several article installments, which is why we strongly recommend that you spend some time reading our posts and subscribe to this site (this way, we can let you know when we publish a new article).
Let’s begin by answering these basic questions:
Why WordPress? What does WordPress offer that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are traditionally built on platforms that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that your website content just sits inside a server waiting to be found. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside its application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in the cybersphere or announce to any other site when new content has been added.
Think about it … if in a traditional website, all of the content simply sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to actively keep promoting their web presence and its content to maintain web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
WordPress provides special features that let users set up, easily configure and build an automated “traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is add content and WordPress does the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your new content to start generating your business more traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you simply publish new content and your site then does the rest!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Website Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of this automated web traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic machine not only requires expert configuration of internal WordPress settings but also the expert integration of your site with external tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – Once configuring your WordPress settings and integrating your site with various third-party tools, you then begin to publish new content regularly and WordPress will instantly notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider online exposure to more web visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend starting with a content-focused strategy to build organic traffic. With the right systems in place, you can then begin to measure and understand your results and start gathering valuable data that will allow you to make better decisions when expanding to different traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section One
To keep reading, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive series of articles aimed at helping website owners learn how to grow their business and drive traffic organically using a WordPress-powered website or blog and proven web marketing methods.
Subscribe Using The Form Below And Get Notified Of New Tutorials!
"I am beyond impressed with what you have put together. I can tell that you put a ton of hard work into building what you have. You have the absolute best content on WordPress I have ever seen!" - Robert T. Jillie