WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Finding sustainable ways to drive more traffic to your website is vital to building a successful web presence. Lack of website visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Are So Many Businesses Having Difficulty Driving Traffic To Their Websites?
Search for any of the key phrases below in Google …
- “how to increase more visitors to your web site for free”
- “get more visitors to my website for free”
- “best 50 methods to increase visitors”
- “learn how to increase web site traffic using Facebook”
- “I need web traffic”
… and you will be immediately presented with loads of tips, tricks, and information on different ways to help increase visitors to your website …
(There are many strategies to increase web traffic to your web site. In this article series you will learn how to set up a system to benefit from many of these traffic generation strategies!)
There is clearly no shortage of ways to drive traffic to your site. There are thousands of products and free resources that can teach you cost-effective methods to drive more visitors to your site.
The problem often has more to do with businesses not investing enough time into learning how to drive web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems that allow them to manage the process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are things you can do to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The illustration below shows the approach many businesses take when it comes to generating web traffic …
(This is how many site owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the typical approach most small businesses take is this: first, you get your website, and then you figure out ways of driving traffic to it.
As we will show you in a moment, there is a smarter approach.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to professionals will address this problem.
There is nothing wrong with outsourcing if you have systems in place to manage and process information about your traffic generation activities already. If not, you will probably end up spending a lot of your time and money looking for a positive ROI traffic-getting method.
(Without laying down a solid foundation and putting proper systems, online traffic generation can end up becoming a very costly activity!)
Driving continuous web traffic sustainably involves setting up a solid foundation online, putting the right systems in place, testing campaign variables, experimenting with different marketing and promotional services, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation strategies, etc.
Is There A Way To Automate The Process Of Increasing Website Traffic?
Imagine if all you had to do to automatically deliver an ongoing stream of targeted visitors to your web site was to publish valuable content on a regular basis.
This is not fiction or fantasy … it’s a fact! In fact, many website owners are currently doing this … and you can too!
In the Web Site Traffic Blueprint article series, you will discover what is required to set up an automated traffic system that will begin to attract targeted traffic to your site, simply by adding new content to your website on a consistent basis.
How To Set Up A System That Will Automatically Bring Traffic To Your Website
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic method we discuss in this article series involves three fundamental steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable web traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating traffic data
- Start testing other traffic strategies
(Getting consistent web traffic sustainably requires laying a solid foundation online and putting systems in place)
At this point, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The aim of our article is to help you lay the foundations for a traffic generation system that will ultimately help your business:
- Save time using automation and leverage
- Save money in lots of different ways
- Automatically get your website content indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly share your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress blog …
(With an expertly configured WordPress site, you just post content and WordPress then does the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Website – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress website or blog is different than a professionally-configured WordPress website or blog.
An ”expertly configured” WordPress website or blog is a web site that is not only built using the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with other sites, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress-Powered Site?
We write extensively on this site about using WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding why and how an “expertly configured” WordPress website or blog can instantly begin delivering new visitors to your business requires several articles, which is why we really recommend that you spend some time reading our content and consider subscribing to this site (this way, we can let you know whenever new content on this topic is published).
Let’s start by answering these basic questions:
Why does it need to be WordPress? Why can’t you use some other platform?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Website)
Many websites are built using applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the website content just sits inside your server waiting to be discovered. By itself, a static website doesn’t communicate with anything else outside its application; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in cyberspace or notify any other site when new content has recently been published on the site.
Think about it … if with a traditional website, all of the content just sits in a server passively waiting to be found, then the web site owner has to continually find ways of promoting their site and its content to maintain new web traffic coming.
WordPress is different!
WordPress comes with powerful built-in functionality that allows you to set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then need to do is publish content and your website does the rest, instantly notifying various online properties about your new content to start bringing your business more web traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you just add content and WordPress does the rest, informing other sites about your content and bringing you back web traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part Two of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we break down the components of this automated website traffic system:
- Setup – Learn the best way to get started if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings that can help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings need to be expertly configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be configured but also integrating your WordPress functionality with third-party tools and other sites (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your WordPress site has been configured and integrated with various external services, you simply begin to publish new content on a regular basis and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media accounts and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to potential new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content strategy to build traffic organically. With the right systems in place, you can begin to measure and analyze your incoming traffic and gather valuable data that will allow you to make intelligent and cost-effective decisions as you expand to other traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Section One
To read more, click here:
This tutorial is part of a comprehensive series of articles aimed at helping business owners learn how to grow their business online inexpensively using a WordPress-powered website and proven web marketing strategies.
Get Notified When New WordPress Tutorials Get Published – Subscribe To Our Site!
"I love the way your email series "Infinite Web Content Creation Training Series" is documented and presented. It is very absorbing and captivating. The links and tutorials are interesting and educational. This has motivated me to rewrite my content following the concepts I am learning from the email series." - Mani Raju, www.fortuneinewaste.com