WordPress Traffic Automation Guide
WordPress Traffic Automation Blueprint – Overview
Knowing how to generate new traffic to your website is one of the fundamental skills of building a business online successfully. Lack of website visitors is also one of the most common complaints made by website owners everywhere.
Why Do So Many Businesses Struggle To Attract Traffic To Their Web Sites?
Type any of the following key phrases into Google …
- “how to bring more visitors to my web site”
- “bring web traffic to my web site for free”
- “top 25 resources to attract more visitors”
- “how to increase more traffic using Twitter”
- “I need web site visitors”
… and you will be immediately presented with tons of sites containing tips, tricks, and information on different ways to get more traffic to your site …
(There are loads of methods to drive more web traffic to your website. In this article series you will learn how to set up a system to take advantage of most of these traffic generation strategies!)
Clearly, there is no shortage of ways to drive visitors to your site. There are loads of courses and free resources online that can show you effective ways to increase traffic to your web site.
The problem is often more about business owners not investing enough time into learning how to generate new web traffic sustainably, not setting up systems to manage the traffic generation process effectively, and, in many cases, not even being aware that there are a number ways to automate and leverage your web traffic generation.
The diagram below shows the typical approach many businesses take when it comes to generating website traffic …
(This is how most site owners approach traffic generation)
Essentially, the approach most small businesses typically take is this: first, you get a website, and then you figure out how to drive traffic to it.
As we will show you in just a moment, there is a better approach.
Don’t make the mistake of believing that ”outsourcing” your traffic generation to experts will eliminate the problem.
Outsourcing is useful if you have systems in place to manage and analyze the results of your traffic generation activities already. If not, all you will probably do is end up investing a lot of valuable time and money searching for a positive ROI traffic strategy.
(Without a solid foundation and the right systems in place, online traffic generation can be very costly!)
Sustainable traffic generation requires setting up a solid foundation online, implementing systems, testing campaign variables, experimenting with different services, tracking results, measuring ROI across different traffic generation solutions, and so on.
Is There A Simpler, Automated Way To Grow Web Visitors?
Imagine if all you had to do to instantly drive targeted visitors to your website was to regularly add content to your web site.
This is not science fiction … it’s a fact! Many website owners are currently doing this … and so can you!
In our article series, we explain how to create an automated traffic machine that can instantly drive web traffic to your website, simply by publishing content on a regular basis to your website.
How To Set Up An Automated Web Traffic System
As you can see in the diagram below, the web traffic blueprint we discuss in this article series involves 3 basic steps:
- Set up systems to lay down a solid foundation for getting sustainable traffic
- Add content on a regular basis to start bringing visitors and generating data
- Add other traffic methods
(To get sustainable web traffic, you need to first set up the right systems)
Right now, we’re mostly concerned with Step 1. The aim of this article series is to show you how to set up a traffic generation system that will ultimately:
- Save time using leverage and automation
- Save money in many different ways
- Automatically get your website pages indexed faster in search engines
- Instantly notify and publicize your content to all of your social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Access valuable data about your traffic generation campaigns, track results, measure ROI, etc.
- Outsource traffic generation while maintaining full control of the process
- Grow your business online cost-effectively and sustainably
All of the above can be achieved using what we will refer to in this article series as an “expertly configured” WordPress web site …
(With an expertly configured WordPress website, you just post new content and your site then does the rest!)
An Expertly Configured WordPress Web Site – What Is It?
An expertly configured WordPress site is not the same as a professionally-configured WordPress site.
An expertly configured WordPress website is a site that is not only built with the WordPress CMS, but has also been expertly set up and configured (either by yourself or professionally) to take advantage of the enormous power, features and built-in functionality of WordPress and its integration with other services, specifically in areas like SEO, content syndication, and reporting.
Why Use An Expertly Configured WordPress Website?
We provide a number of comprehensive articles on this site about the benefits of using WordPress to grow your business online.
Understanding how an “expertly configured” WordPress blog can be used to set up an automated traffic system requires a number of articles, which is why we recommend that you spend some time reading our other articles and consider subscribing to this site (this way, you will be informed whenever a new article gets published).
Let’s begin by addressing these basic questions:
What makes WordPress so special? What does WordPress provide that other web platforms don’t?
Take a look at the illustration below …
(Static vs Expertly Configured WordPress Site)
Many sites are built on applications that create “static” websites. Essentially, this means that the web content just sits inside the server waiting to be discovered. The static website doesn’t communicate with anyone outside its platform; it doesn’t ’ping’ anyone in the cybersphere or announce to any other website when new content has recently been published.
Think about it … if in a static website, the content just sits there passively waiting to be found, then the business owner has to constantly promote their site and its content to maintain web visitors coming.
WordPress is different!
The WordPress application provides many features that let you set up, configure and build an automated “web traffic generation” machine, where all you then have to do is add content and WordPress does the rest, immediately notifying various online properties about your new content to automatically start generating your business more web site traffic …
(With an expertly configured WordPress web site, you simply add new content and WordPress does the rest, notifying other sites about your content and bringing you back traffic!)
An Automated Content Distribution, Traffic And Lead Generation, And Sales & Marketing System
With an expertly configured WordPress site, you can build more than just a website for your business … you can set up an automated traffic and lead generation and sales & marketing system, where all you do is publish your content and WordPress then automates the rest …
(Set up an automated content distribution, lead and traffic generation, and sales and marketing system with WordPress)
As your business evolves, you can add more functionality and automate processes like:
- Sell products and services with e-commerce,
- Capture leads with opt-in forms and add your subscribers to newsletters and autoresponders,
- Allow visitors to register on your site with different membership levels,
- And so much more!
You can do all of this using inexpensive WordPress plugins. Once these plugins are installed and configured on your site, just direct your visitors to the appropriate sections (e.g. your store, subscription forms, membership area, etc.)
The video below shows you what an expertly configured WordPress site can do for your business …
In Part 2 of The Web Site Traffic Blueprint overview, we explain the components of your automated online traffic machine:
- Setup – Learn the best way to start if you don’t have a web presence yet, or if you already have an existing site that may or may not have been built using WordPress.
- Configure – By default, WordPress already comes with a number of built-in features and settings to help you generate traffic. Learn what features and settings have to be configured for optimal benefit.
- Automate – Your traffic system requires not only internal WordPress settings to be expertly configured but also the integration of your WordPress functionality with 3rd-party tools and other online properties (e.g. webmaster, analytics, and social media accounts).
- Publicize – After your WordPress site settings have been configured and integrated with various third-party services, you simply begin to publish new content consistently and WordPress will immediately notify and inform search engines, your social media pages and other online properties about the new content, giving your site wider exposure online to potential new visitors.
- Optimize – We recommend beginning with a content publishing strategy to build sustainable traffic. With the right systems in place, you can begin to measure and understand your incoming traffic and gather valuable data that will allow you to make smarter decisions when expanding to additional traffic generation methods.
This is the end of Part 1
To keep reading about this topic, click on the link below:
This article is part of a comprehensive tutorial series designed to help you learn how to grow your business online using a WordPress-driven website or blog and proven web marketing strategies.
Subscribe To WPCompendium.org And Get Notified Of New WordPress Tutorials!
"I love the way your email series "Infinite Web Content Creation Training Series" is documented and presented. It is very absorbing and captivating. The links and tutorials are interesting and educational. This has motivated me to rewrite my content following the concepts I am learning from the email series." - Mani Raju, www.fortuneinewaste.com