WordPress Gutenberg Blocks – Page Break
This tutorial is part of our WordPress Gutenberg: The Ultimate Guide For Non-Technical WordPress Users series.
- To learn more about using the Gutenberg content editor and the editor interface, go here: WordPress Gutenberg Content Editor
- To learn more about using blocks, go here: How To Use WordPress Gutenberg Blocks
Page Break Block Description
The Page Break Block lets you split your content into smaller sections with multiple pages.
(Add page breaks to WordPress using the Page Break Block)
How To Use The Page Break Block
To add a Page Break Block:
- Select a place in your content to add a page break (i.e. before or after), then either:
- Add as many Page Break Blocks as you need to split your content into readable sections.
Let’s go through the above steps:
First, create a new post or page or open an existing post or page and either:
Click on the ‘Add Block’ tool and select a ‘Page Break’ block …
(‘Add Block’ Tool – Add Page Break Block)
Or, select a Page Break Block in the Content Area …
(Add a Page Break Block from the Content Area)
WordPress will automatically break your content into sections where the Page Break Block has been inserted and add pagination to each section, allowing users to continue reading your content on the next page, or navigate back to the previous section …
(Add page breaks to split pages into smaller sections)
- After adding a Page Break Block, there is nothing else to do. WordPress automatically applies the Page Break to your content.
- You can:
- You cannot:
- Edit a Page Break Block.
- Change a Page Break Block into another block type.
Remember to update and publish your post or page to save your settings.
How To Remove A Page Break Block
To delete or remove a page-break block:
- Click inside the Page Break Block to select it.
- Select the ‘More Options’ tool in the Block Editor.
- Click on ‘Remove Block’.
- The block will be removed from your post or page.
(Remove a Page Break Block)
Page Break Block Tools, Options & Settings
The Page Break Block includes:
- Page Break Block Editor
- Page Break Block Settings
Page Break Block Editor
(Page Break Block Editor)
The Page Break Block Editor displays:
- Block Type (See ‘Page Break Block – Additional Info’ section below.)
- More Options
- See ‘More Options’ menu section in the Gutenberg Content Area tutorial for more details.
Page Break Block Settings
(Page Break Block Settings)
The Page Break Block settings section includes only a description of the block. There are no options or settings for this block.
Page Break Block – Additional Info
- The Page Break Block cannot be converted into other block types.
- Installing plugins or themes on your site may add new functionality, options, or settings to Page Break Blocks.
Congratulations! Now you know how to use the WordPress Gutenberg content editor Page Break Block.
- To learn how to use other Gutenberg blocks, go here: WordPress Gutenberg Content Editor – How To Use Blocks
- For more tutorials on using the Gutenberg content editor, go here: WordPress Gutenberg: The Ultimate Guide For Non-Technical WordPress Users
"This is an awesome training series. I have a pretty good understanding of WordPress already, but this is helping me to move somewhere from intermediate to advanced user!" - Kim Lednum