Co-ordinating event bookings is a complicated and time-consuming process. You have to co-ordinate calendar schedules, dates, attendee numbers, data entry, collecting payments and invoicing, confirmations and reservations, reminders and notifications, cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special needs and issuing tickets to participants.
There are many advantages to setting up an online event registration system. It can make your business more efficient, save time and lower costs, help you easily duplicate similar events, give event managers more control, create a more enjoyable user experience and grow your sales.
The problem is that setting up an online event booking system can be quite costly.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-powered website, you can install a very inexpensive and professional online event registration system.
Event Espresso – Event Registration & Ticketing Management
The Event Espresso online event registration plugin for WordPress enables you to easily create your event and begin accepting bookings in minutes.
(Event Espresso lets you set up multiple events and process online bookings)
Event Espresso is a feature-packed software that gives you complete control of your event registration management process.
Customize your event registration forms
You can employ a range of event registration strategies, from simple online enrollments and straight up selling tickets, to setting up custom registration forms in order to better understand your participants, or integrating your event bookings with social media sites like Facebook.
Access detailed information about your event attendees
Note: Currently, Event Espresso offers two different versions of their plugin: Event Espresso 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is considerably different than the older Event Espresso 3, as the plugin has been redeveloped using a different structure to allow for future growth and expansion. The EE 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and pricing. The company plans to eventually phase out Event Espresso 3, so keep this in mind as you learn more about this plugin.
Go here to learn more:
Benefits Of Using Event Espresso
Here are just a few of the benefits of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your site:
Automated Event Registration Management And Ticketing Solution
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing online presence into an automated and fully featured event management website … from custom registration forms and automated emails, to attendee limits, multiple price options and discount codes, to printable tickets and seating charts.
Better Business Productivity
By using a web-based event registration system like Event Espresso, you save time and improve your business productivity by practically eliminating the chore of processing registrations and bookings manually.
Basically, you are enabling attendees to perform the enrolment process themselves.
Allowing your clients to do the data themselves frees you up from doing admin work and lets you spend more of your time on delivering a more unique event.
Complete Control Over The User Experience
As you will see shortly, Event Espresso gives you complete control over the event management process that you want your clients to experience.
Additional benefits and advantages include the following:
- Less Costs: Event Espresso is a very low cost online event registration management solution compared to building your own solution or using a third-party service provider. This is made possible by using a model where you pay for the core plugin (which suits the requirements of most users) and buy add-ons only if you need additional functionality.
- More Sales: With Event Espresso you can accept new event bookings 24 hours a day. Not only that, but, Event Espresso social sharing and marketing features (see below) let people who are interested in attending your event share your information with friends who may also be interested in attending.
- Green & Paperless Event Booking Process: With Event Espresso, the event booking process remains entirely in digital form, significantly reducing typical paper waste from tasks related to enrollment.
- Own Your Data. You control all the information acquired from your event attendees.
Event Espresso Features
Event Espresso provides functionality to its customers through standard features (these come with the software) and additional features that users can purchase, called add-ons.
Event Espresso offers a number of features to WordPress users. Here are just a few:
- Quick and simple to install and configure. Be up and running in no time.
- Multiple Dates and Times Per Event. In Event Espresso 4, events can have multiple dates and times (called datetimes), which these can be managed from a single event.
- Customizable Event Designs. Customize your events and registrations page using Event Espresso’s template options and components, and HTML or CSS.
- Tax Administration. Event Espresso 4 provides a number of ways to handle taxes for your event and report tax fee components to registrants who purchase tickets. You can administer taxes globally and on a ticket-by-ticket basis.
- Custom Post Types. You can Event Espresso into your WP theme and reuse attendee information throughout other areas of your site.
- Spam Protection. Reduce the chance of spamming and robots creating bogus registrations by using reCAPTCHA tools that provide human validation.
- In-App Documentation. Event Espresso 4 provides 3 comprehensive in-app documentation systems: Help Tours, Help Tabs and Tool Tips.
- Event Check-In List. Generate an exportable list of participants and check-in those who attend.
- No Ticket Events. List events without the requirement for participants to book tickets. Event Espresso can be used for all types of events, not just those that accept tickets.
- Private Contact Commenting. Keep notes about event attendees on their profile. Private commenting allows you to keep records of when users contacted you, your internal notes, and how you’ve assisted your customers.
- Keyword Rich URLs. Keyword-rich Web links leverage your WP Permalinks configuration settings. Search engine friendly urls with topic-relevant keywords add to the context of your content and is favored by search engines, helping you drive more visitors to your website.
- Your Organization Settings. you can configure your profile to display throughout the plugin and your WP themes. Organization information include: company name, street address, city, state, country, zip code, email address, phone, tax number, business logo, Facebook URL, Twitter profile URL, LinkedIn URL, Pinterest URL, Google+ URL, Instagram URL.
- Default Tickets. If you find yourself creating identical tickets for your events, you can automatically set up as your default ticket for all new events simply by checking a box.
- WordPress Visual Editor. Event Espresso uses the default WordPress Visual editor, so you can quickly and easily add images and create and edit your content without having to know HTML or CSS, just like any WordPress post.
- Automatic Updating. Event Espresso provides simple one-click software installation updates to make sure that you have the newest features and to keep your plugin installation working with new versions of WordPress.
- Invoice Payment Reminders. Follow-up potential event customers who have not fully paid for their admission with a standard but personalized PDF invoice with one click. Your invoices will address registered attendees who have not paid their registration in full by name, give them the amount they owe, and include links to the event information, a payment link and a url to download the invoice.
- Event Reporting. Event reporting gives you data of all the registrations and transactions, allowing you to measure the performance of your events with the aggregate number of people who have registered and how much money you’ve collected.
Additional features include:
- Object-Oriented Programming. Event Espresso is simple enough for basic users, and also robust and customizable for higher end users and web-based software developers. The bottom line is that by using Object-oriented programming (OOP), Event Espresso 4 permits more complex enhancements and customizations to the plugin.
- Maintenance Mode. You can pause registrations for regular website traffic when you need to make updates on your website. You can continue to work on the back-end of your site during maintenance mode.
- Autonomy, Flexibility And Value For Money: According to the mission statement on their web site, Event Espresso’s objective is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their mission, the software has been built using a model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money in the process.
The premium version of Event Espresso also includes over 40 added features, including:
- Email shortcodes for including customer data in confirmation emails and newsletters.
- Default surcharge (similar to adding a service fee to all tickets).
- Option to skip the confirmation page during registration.
As mentioned earlier, Event Espresso provides “add ons”, which allow users to further enhance the functionality of managing your event.
Some of these add-ons include:
- Events Vector Maps Template Addon: The Vector Maps custom events list template allows you to display scheduled events by location. Four maps are currently available: USA, UK, Canada and Australia.
- Recurring Events Manager Addon: The Recurring Events manager addon enables you to put events on autopilot by scheduling repeated events weeks or months … even years in advance. You can schedule as many events in advance as you need. Event Espresso will automatically open and close registrations for all recurring events.
- Events Category Accordion Template Addon: The Category Accordion template displays event categories in a simple list. Clicking on a category name shows all events related to that category and closes any previously open categories.
- Social Media Buttons Addon: The social media addon displays Facebook, Twitter and Google+ buttons in your events. The Social Media addon is included free with any of the Event Espresso support licenses.
- WP User Integration: The WP User Integration addon allows you to take full advantage of the WP user system. With the WP User Integration add-on you can give your users a special incentive by offering member pricing and overriding event pricing when your members are logged in. You can even set up member-only events where only registered site users can have access to your special events. Members can also input personal details into their profile page allowing them fast registration for events by auto-filling in the personal information on the event booking form. Your users can also look up previous events and pay for future events.
- Roles And Permissions Basic & Pro Add on Versions: This addon lets you involve other staff in the event management process and give new users permission to create events or regional managers the ability to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WordPress users roles and allow them different permissions with different capabilities, so others can help you manage your events or the events that others create. You can customize roles so that users do not have access to certain parts of your WordPress dashboard and/or certain sections of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to create geographic regions for other people to manage events, use the Roles and Permissions Pro add-on.
- Multi-Event Registration Add on: The Multiple Event registration add-on gives potential customers the ability to register for multiple events at once. In each event listing attendees will be given the option to either register for a single event or add multiple events to their cart. With the Multi-Event Registration addon, attendees can register for several events at once and even add additional attendees to any of the same events in the same checkout process.
- EE4 Events Calendar Add on: This WordPress events calendar displays events and event categories via an attractive graphical calendar.
- MailChimp Integration: The MailChimp addon lets you auto-register attendees to a particular mailing autoresponder list or group within your MailChimp account.
Note: Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to its software, including new addons.
For full details about the latest Event Espreso features and add ons, visit the plugin website:
Here are some of the testimonials that customers have written about Event Espresso:
”I want to commend you on a fabulous product which is just the right price for a small non-profit. People are happy with the registration process, as are we! …Thank you SO much for a great product.” Sandra Forero Bush, World Trade Center Tacoma
”I have been using Event Espresso to run my festival and have been very happy with how it has worked out. They have provided tremendous support and their iPhone app is amazing and easy to use. I suggest using it for your event.” Alex Grant, Byron Spirit Festival
”Event Espresso is very nice and functional plugin. Set it up is not very easy for a beginner like me, but you have one of the best support team in your side. They answer all questions in a timely manor. I didn’t know anything about setting up the plugins, Thanks to Event Espresso Support team that now I can find my way around this plugin. Event Espresso helps our company to manage the workshops, keep track of our students, manage the emails, and much more. We upgrade from personal License to Business license in just two weeks of using Personal license. I strongly recommend the Business license.” Ted Karlsalr, Omnilargess
Whether you are a gym owner, trainer, concert promoter, or event consultant, there are simply endless possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso software.
After downloading the plugin and becoming a licensed user, visit the user forum for inspiration and practical suggestions to streamline your event management workflow or improve the experience of your attendees.
Event Espresso is fully compatible with other WP plugins and WP themes that follow WP coding standards. If you do need help with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides excellent support, as many of its customers confirm:
”It’s magical. Support is amazing, plugin is simple to use, a 3 year old could use the iPhone app…it all is very impressive and professional.” David, House of Prayer
The software provides great support that includes access to support forums, in-depth online documentation with faqs, knowledge base and how tos, email support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
Additionally, Event Espresso boasts a well-staffed team of experienced WordPress web developers with a solid track record of support, so this is definitely a solution you can count on to run your events.
Event Espresso is available in various plugin editions, including a FREE basic edition (named Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced software features, however, you will want to consider using one of the ”Pro” plugin versions below:
- Personal Licensing – This lets you set up Event Espresso on one site only. Cost includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $69.95.
- Everything Licensing – This enables you to install Event Espresso on one domain only. Price includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add-ons and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $279.95.
- Developer Licensing – This edition lets you configure Event Espresso on 5 domains. It includes 51+ Premium features, (addons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
Pricing details of the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the software is selling for the prices shown above. Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Management & Ticketing Registration Plugin For WordPress
Note: The pricing above was current at the time this review was written. This may not be the actual price charged by the plugin seller when you visit the site.
The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its software. Make sure to stay subscribed to their customer update list to receive the latest information and updates.
Search the software’s online documentation tools to find answers to common questions about setting up and how to use Event Espresso, and the support forums if you have questions related to your particular use-case, or to report problems and leave feedback.
For all installation and support documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso website.
The Bottom Line
Event Espresso is the preferred WordPress event registration and ticketing management plugin, used by thousands of event promoters.
If you are a WordPress user and you plan to run events that require managing dates and venues (offline and online), enrolling attendees, and selling seating, then you will probably not find a better software for your needs than Event Espresso.
For complete details, check out the plugin here: Event Espresso – Event Manager And Registration Software For WordPress