Managing event bookings can be a complex process. You may need to manage event schedules, availability, attendee numbers, data administration, payment processing and sending invoices, confirmations, reminders, cancellations … perhaps even accommodating special requests and delivering tickets to attendees.
There are many advantages to setting up a web-based event registration system. It can streamline your business processes, save time and reduce costs, help you easily duplicate recurring events, give event managers more control, improve customer experience and increase your sales.
The problem is that this can be expensive.
Fortunately, if you own a WordPress-based website or blog, you can easily install an inexpensive and professional online event registration system.
Table of Contents
Event Espresso – WordPress Event Registration And Ticket Manager System
The Event Espresso online event registration WP software lets you easily set up your event and start receiving online bookings in a few minutes.
(Event Espresso lets you set up multiple events and accept online registrations)
Event Espresso is a flexible and feature-rich plugin that gives you complete control of your event registration management process.
Create custom event registration forms
You can employ several event registration strategies, from simple online enrollments and straight up ticket-selling, to creating custom registration forms in order to better understand your event participants, or integrating your event registration forms with social media sites like Facebook.
View detailed information about your event attendees
Note: Currently, Event Espresso supports two different versions of their software: Event Espresso 3 and Event Espresso 4. The new Event Espresso 4 is considerably different than the older EE 3, as the software is being rebuilt using a different structure to allow for future growth and expansion. The EE 4 plugin platform has different features, user interface, data structure, coding method and price. The company plans to eventually migrate completely to Event Espresso 4, so keep this in mind as you read more about this plugin.
Learn more here:
Here are just a few of the benefits and advantages of using Event Espresso to manage event registrations on your web site:
Automated Event Registration Management And Ticketing Solution
Event Espresso provides you with everything you need to turn your existing web site into a feature-rich and professional event management website … from custom registration forms and automated response emails, to maximum seating limits, multiple price levels and discount codes, to printable tickets and seating charts.
Higher Business Productivity
By using a web-based event registration solution like Event Espresso, you save time and improve your business productivity by virtually doing away with the chore of processing registrations and sign-ups manually.
Basically, you are enabling attendees to perform the registration on their own.
Letting your clients to do all of the data entry frees you up from doing admin work and lets you concentrate more energy on creating a more unique event.
Complete Control Over The User Experience
As you will learn shortly, Event Espresso gives you complete control over the event management and booking process that you want your clients to experience.
Additional benefits of the plugin include the following:
- Significantly Lower Costs: The Event Espresso plugin gives you a very inexpensive online event registration management solution compared to building your own system or using a 3rd-party service provider. This is made possible through a model where Event Espresso users purchase the core plugin (which suits the needs of most users) and buy optional add ons only if you need new features.
- Higher Sales: With Event Espresso you can accept online bookings 24 hours a day. Not only that, but, Event Espresso social and marketing features (see below) let people interested in registering for your event invite others who may be interested.
- Paperless Event Registration Process: With Event Espresso, your event registration process is conducted entirely online, eliminating traditional paper waste from tasks associated with enrollment.
- Own Your Information. You control all the data gathered from event participants.
Event Espresso delivers functionality to end-users via standard features (these come with the plugin) and additional features that you can buy for an added cost, called add-ons.
Event Espresso provides many features to site owners. Here are just some:
- Fast and simple to install and use. Be up and running in very little time.
- Multiple Ticket And Pricing Options. Event Espresso lets you set up as many types of tickets as you want and set different pricing options, ticket quantity limits, and more.
- Customizable Event Page Designs. Customize your events and registrations page using Event Espresso’s unlimited template options and parts, plus HTML and/or CSS.
- Collect Payments. Event Espresso provides integration with payment gateways, enabling you to collect payments before running your events.
- Custom Post Types. Integrate Event Espresso into your theme and display venue details throughout other areas of your site.
- Default Prices. Set up events fast with pre-configured default pricing.
- In-App Documentation Systems. Event Espresso 4 provides 3 built-in in-app documentation systems: Help Tours, Help Tabs and Tool Tips.
- Manual Registration. you have the option of booking event attendees when they show up, or sending in paper forms for manual inputting later.
- Admin Pre-approval. Control who can and can’t participate in your events.
- RSS Event Feeds. Keep your customers updated about your events, drive quality traffic and expand your content distribution with the built-in XML RSS events feed.
- Optimized For The Most Up-To-Date Version Of WordPress. The Event Espresso 4 user interface follows all WordPress guidelines to help you create beautiful event pages that are responsive and mobile-friendly.
- Full Control Of Your Event Management. Event Espresso puts event managers in complete control of all aspects of your event’s registration and ticketing, and lets you automate this process with event management tools that include staff and venue manager, custom event page designs, payment processing, list waiting, attendee limits, printable tickets and more.
- Exportable Information. You can output all of your data collected from event customers into Excel or CSV format for producing advanced reports, implementing new marketing strategies, analyzing attendee statistics, and so on.
- WP Visual Editor. Event Espresso uses the standard WordPress WYSIWYG editor, so you can quickly and easily insert graphic images and format your event descriptions without knowledge of HTML or CSS, just like any WordPress post.
- Attendee Records. You can manage your registrant’s profile information and payment history and keep all of their records organized.
- Staff Management. Save time and keep your information organized by reusing staff profiles for multiple events or displaying their profile using a shortcode in an event description.
- Accurate Event Attendee Manager. You have control of your participants’ date; who has registered, for what event and what amount they’ve paid. With the attendee manager, you can get a quick overview of registered participants and their payment status, easily add/edit attendee records and payments, export a list of attendees to an Excel spreadsheet for additional uses, send custom payment reminders and receipts and send messages to your event registrants individually or as a group.
Additional features include:
- Hooks, Actions And Filters. These features allow developers to implement safer and more reliable customizations and extensions to the Event Espresso plugin that are fully compatible with WordPress.
- Metabox Management And Organization. Event Espresso lets you leverage the WordPress user interface, which brings the ability to reorder the user interface to suit your workflow processes. Each control box can be collapsed, re-arranged or deleted from the workflow configuration.
- Autonomy, Flexibility & Value: According to the philosophy stated on their website, Event Espresso’s goal is to “empower business and organization leaders with the event registration, ticketing and management tools that maximize the success of events.” To achieve their mission, the company operates on a model that provides users with great autonomy and flexibility and delivers value for money as a result.
The premium version of Event Espresso also comes with 40+ additional features, including:
- Email shortcodes for including attendee data in emails and newsletters.
- Default surcharge (the same as applying a service tax to tickets).
- Default payment status.
As mentioned previously, Event Espresso provides “addons”, which allow users to further enhance the capabilities of managing an event.
Some of these addons include:
- Events Grid Template Addon: Displays events in a pure CSS grid-like structure using the featured image. Hovering over the image will display further information. If the event does not have a featured image, a default image will be used.
- Recurring Events Management Add-on: The Recurring Events manager addon lets you put your events on autopilot by scheduling repeated events weeks or months ahead. You can create as many events in advance as you need. Event Espresso will then automatically open and close bookings for all recurring events.
- Events Category Accordion Template Add-on: The Category Accordion template shows the categories as a simple list. Clicking the category name shows the events associated with that category and closes any previously open categories.
- EE4 Events Social Sharing Addon: This add on adds social sharing features to the end of your Event Espresso “thank you” page that allows your attendees to share a message about their event registration on Twitter and Facebook after booking.
- Custom Template Add on: The Custom Template add-on is capable of displaying your events in a number of exciting and interesting ways.
- Roles And Permissions Basic & Pro Add on Editions: This add on lets you include other users in the event management process and give new users permission to create events or regional managers permission to manage events. The Roles and Permissions Basic add-on allows you to manage & customize the WordPress users roles and allow them different permissions with different privileges, allowing others to help you manage your events or the events that others create. You can customize roles so that users do not have access to certain sections of your WP dashboard and/or certain areas of your Event Espresso settings. If you’d like to allow users to have geographic responsibilities for events and users, use the Roles and Permissions Pro add-on.
- Multiple Event Registration Add on: The Multiple Event registration add-on gives your potential attendees the ability to book multiple events at once. In each event listing registrants will be given the option to either register for a single event or add multiple events to their shopping cart. With the Multi-Event Registration add-on, attendees can register for several events at once and even add additional attendees to any of the same events in the same checkout process.
- EE4 Events Calendar Add-on: This WordPress events calendar displays events and categories of events via an attractive graphical calendar.
- EE4 Infusionsoft Integration Add on: With the Event Espresso 4 Infusionsoft App and Merchant Account integration all-in-one sales and marketing plugin addon, you can easily automate your customer relations and email marketing campaigns to seamlessly capture event attendee data, track registrations, and accept payments from your website.
Note: Event Espresso regularly adds new features and improvements to the plugin, including new addons.
For more information about the latest Event Espreso features and addons, visit the plugin website here:
Here are just some of the many great testimonials that users have posted about Event Espresso:
”Event Espresso is so easy to use yet feature rich and stable. It is a cornerstone of our site and our success.” Fraser Barner, Speaker’s Lab
”I have to say that it has been the right choice for me…I’ve been extremely pleased with the way my site is working.” Robin, RobinTime
“Love the plugin, we only use it once a year for a race we have in February. This saved us tons of time in data entry. In addition, we had more runners register than any other year. We attribute that to the ease of registering online. Thanks for your work.” Ed, Friends of Oscar Scherer Park
Event Espresso Tips
Whether you are a gym owner, trainer, workshop planner, or event professional, there are simply unlimited possibilities of what you can achieve with the Event Espresso software.
After downloading the plugin and becoming a licensed owner, visit the user forum for inspiration and practical ways to streamline your event management process or enhance the experience of your registrants.
Event Espresso works with with other WordPress plugins and WP themes that follow WordPress coding standards. If you have problems with the plugin, however, you will find that Event Espresso provides great support, as many of its customers attest:
”Your plugin saved our client nearly $9000 in development costs because it handled the majority of the functionality we were looking for at a much lower cost. EventEspresso’s staff have been very responsive to our needs when we have them (which has been rare, because the plugin is so well coded). Great job on a great plugin!” Brandon P., Experience Farm
The plugin provides great support including access to a support forum, comprehensive online documentation with faqs, knowledge base and how tos, custom development support and even a monthly VIP member pass that gives you access to community of developers, designers, event managers, publishers and webmasters that use Event Espresso tools, plus faster support response times.
In addition, Event Espresso boasts an established team of experienced WordPress developers with a solid track record of support, so this is definitely a solution you can count on to run and manage your events.
Event Espresso is available in different editions, including a FREE basic edition (referred to as Event Espresso Decaf). For personal support and advanced plugin features, however, you will want to consider using one of the premium plugin editions below:
- Personal License – This enables you to configure Event Espresso on one site only. Pricing includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $69.95.
- Everything License – This license option lets you configure Event Espresso on 1 site only. Includes 51+ Premium features, 29 Premium add ons and one year of upgrades and support. Price = $279.95.
- Developer License – This lets you run Event Espresso on five sites. Cost includes 51+ Premium features, (add-ons sold separately) and 1 year of upgrades and support. Cost = $249.95.
Current pricing for the Event Espresso plugin can vary, depending on whether there are any promotions or limited-time specials being offered. When we last checked, the plugin is selling for the amounts shown above. Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details: Event Espresso – Event Management & Registration Plugin For WordPress
Note: The above reflects the pricing at the time this article was written. This may or may not be the actual pricing charged by the plugin author when you visit the website.
Event Espresso – Additional Plugin Info
The Event Espresso development team is continually adding new features and improvements to its plugin. Make sure to register for their newsletter when you visit their site to receive the latest information and updates.
Use the software’s documentation pages to find answers to common questions about setup and how to use Event Espresso, and the support forums if you have questions related to your specific use-case, or to notify developers about problems and share feedback.
For detailed documentation, demos, downloads, videos, tutorials, FAQ and more, visit the Event Espresso product web site.
Event Espresso is the leading WordPress event booking and ticketing management plugin, used by thousands of event promoters.
If you are a WordPress user and you intend to run any event that requires scheduling dates, times and venues (offline and online), enrolling attendees, or booking tickets, then you will probably not find a more suitable plugin for your needs than Event Espresso.
For complete details, check out the plugin here: Event Espresso – Event Registration And Ticketing Management
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
Learn how to safely and automatically backup your WordPress files and database and how to easily restore your WordPress site if something were to happen.
More info: How To Back Up & Restore WordPress Sites
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
Learn how to set up and configure a WordPress membership site using the S2 Member free WordPress membership plugin.
More info: Using S2 Member
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
Learn how to optimize your WordPress site and improve your page loading speed.
More info: How To Optimize WordPress
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
Learn how to set up an e-commerce store on your WordPress site using e-commerce platforms like WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads.
More info: Build An e-Commerce Store With WordPress