Living and doing business in the Information Age has many benefits. However, we also live in a world where we are constantly under the potential threat of digital theft, having our websites and social media accounts hacked into and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or wiped out.
If you own anything where data can be visited online like a blog or website, then you need to pay careful attention to digital security and the urgency of implementing an internet security plan.
In addition to creating an internet security plan for your business, you will also want to protect your files from mistakes that can result in losing data and cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that can only be appreciated after tragedy has struck.
You may also just want to save time. If areas of your business involve working with multiple websites or blogs, having an automated way of duplicating web site data from one site to another can be really convenient.
As any wise website manager will tell you, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress blog, therefore, is not just important, it is imperative. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, very few people ever do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and installing malware that can ruin your site is all part of the reality of doing business online. If this ever happens to you, then you will need a way to restore old data, get back an earlier version of your site, or even complete reinstall your site and previous web content.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then it’s easy to create backups of your WordPress database and website files, clone your website to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Back Up, Clone & Protect Your WordPress Websites And Blogs
The Backup Creator WP plugin is a “one-click” solution for scheduling and automating your site and data backups, copying all of your sites and content and keeping your WP web sites protected.
Here are just some of the benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your website:
Ready To Go To Work In Minutes
Backup Creator is very easy to install. Simply upload a zip file containing the plugin to your Plugins folder via your WP admin user account and activate.
Enter the license code and the software is ready to use.
Very Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes it very simple to back up, restore and protect your blogs and WP sites. All it takes is a few simple mouse clicks. Backup Creator is an ideal backup tool for non-technical users.
Saves Loads Of Time
As well as saving time and benefiting from the peace of mind of knowing that your site can be quickly recovered should your site experience any kind of tragic circumstance, Backup Creator is a massive time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar settings.
Just set up your prototype site and then clone as many copies as you want. That’s a lot of time saved setting up and configuring new websites.
Some additional plugin benefits include the following:
- Perform Large Backups: Quite often, owners of very large websites can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Many Backup Creator customers report being able to easily perform data backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data may depend on your webhost and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be easily recovered should any kind of disaster affect your site is vital to the success of your business, especially when your business depends on having your information available online.
Backup Creator provides many unique features to site owners. Here are just a few of these:
- Instant Backup. Click 1 button to back up your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup to the storage destination of your choice. Download your backup file to your hard drive, send it to yourself via email, or even FTP the backup to an offsite destination.
- Restore To Any Destination. Instantly restore your WordPress data and files to any destination you like. You can copy data straight from another WP blog, upload using your browser or even transfer via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology ensures that you can quickly and easily deploy any number of client sites pre-configured in a few seconds, without requiring FTP.
Additional features include:
- One-Time Automatic Backup Schedules: Once you set up your backup schedule, Backup Creator takes over. There are no cron jobs to set up or files to upload and no FTP is required. Simply choose your schedule and you are done.
- Backup With Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Solutions Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Manage, store, and restore all of your site backups in a single offsite storage location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you need …
Below are a few of the testimonials and comments that plugin users have provided for Backup Creator:
”I installed Backup Creator on my site several weeks ago. Yesterday the company whose theme I use sent me an upgrade. I upgraded and to my surprise, all of my formatting was lost. Graphics, colors, column settings, everything. It took me the better part of two weeks to create all of this. Luckily, I used Backup Creator before I installed the upgrade. I followed the directions and in less than 5 minutes my site was recovered and back on line! Backup Creator is a life saver.” Warren Hayford, RatioWriter.com
”Just wanted to say that I’m impressed! Installed the latest version before doing some work on one of my sites for a webinar launch I gotta get done this week, and I LOVE the new feature that sends an email will all the relevant links. Sweet!” Gabrielle Fontaine, VirtualBookkeepersGuide.com
”I really like this plugin, you can to save and to keep all information of your blog in few minutes in safe way.” Miguel Medina, TecnicasParaHablarEnPublico.com
Here are some great uses for this tool:
Instant Documentation Of All Your Site Processes.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all the processes you would normally have to document when setting up new sites, you can simply set up your site exactly the way you want it, make a backup copy|make an exact copy of site and then restore it on another location and now you’ve got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up several sites including identical plugins, settings, and configurations in different niches. This could be for a nationwide retailer, or a travel agency with branches in several locations, where each office will manage the content of their own separate blog. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. You can now save lots of time and install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured site every single time with only a few mouse clicks.
Restore A Backup To Another Domain With Correct Internal Referencing Links.
Simply downloading WP files and restoring file backups won’t clone your websites or blogs successfully. You also need to copy the WP database and make sure that your links reference the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another site, but still be referencing the old location. This is why you need to have a backup plugin that has been specifically developed for cloning. This allows you to back up site “A” and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all the theme customizations, plugin and site settings and configurations included, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal reference URLs have been configured correctly.
Don’t Waste Time Fixing Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another practical time-saving tip: if your website did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and does any kind of damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to fix things, just make a backup of your files and database, delete your old site, then restore a previous working version. Your site is now functional again and you can then send the damaged files to a WordPress troubleshooting expert who can then try to figure out how your site got interfered with and how to fix or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one last tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Website’s Evolution.
Imagine a few years from now that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all began? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to bring things back to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, your chances of losing data are minimal because you don’t have to worry about where you have stored or organized things. Just recall when you remember you had that content, restore your backup (note: the backup can be anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WP plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and one year of free updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, sixty day, 100% money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Had a problem and your respond time to help me was phenomenal. Great product too.” Daniel Altman, CarsWithDan.com
Backup Creator is available in the following editions:
- Express License – Backup Creator Express allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Cost = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal sites, as well as perform automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc., restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Cost = $47.00.
- Developer Edition – Backup Creator developer edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Cost = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
For a demo video of the plugin in action, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your site’s files and database is an important part of doing business online and ensuring that your website remains protected from disaster. There are many great backup plugins available for WordPress, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to fully copy your sites.
For this reason, we highly recommend choosing Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WordPress web sites.