The Internet Age has revolutionized the way we live and do business. However, it has also placed us in a situation where we are continuously under the potential threat of online theft, having our websites and social media accounts being infected by malicious software and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or wiped out.
If you manage any digital business assets like a business website, then you need to prioritize website security and the importance of creating an internet security plan.
In addition to creating an internet security plan for your business, you will also want to prevent data loss from mistakes that can cause significant damage or disruption to your business. Having a way to restore your site, files or data in extreme cases is something that can only be appreciated once tragedy has struck.
Then again, you may just want to save time. If your business requires cloning a number of websites or blogs, having a time-saving way of cloning website information from one site to another can be most convenient.
As the adage goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress website, therefore, is absolutely vital. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, so few website owners remember to do it, or don’t do it as often as this should be done.
Let’s face it … getting your web site hacked, losing data, and changing things that end up breaking your site is all part of the reality of doing business online. If something tragic were to ever happen to you, then you would need an easy and quick way to recover lost content, get back an earlier version of your site, or even complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if you use WordPress, then there’s an easy tool that allows you to create backups of your WP database and web site files, copy your site to another location and restore your old site and data.
Table of Contents
- Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate And Protect Your WordPress Websites And Blogs
- Plugin Description
- Benefits Of Using Backup Creator
- Backup Creator Features
- Plugin Tips
- Backup Creator Support
- Product Price
- Additional Info
- Our Recommendation
Backup Creator – Back Up, Duplicate And Protect Your WordPress Websites And Blogs
Backup Creator is an easy-to-use WordPress plugin that lets you backup your website data, duplicate your websites and keep your WordPress web sites protected.
Benefits Of Using Backup Creator
Here are just some of the many benefits of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your site:
Backup Creator installs like any regular plugin. Simply upload the plugin file to your Plugins folder via your dashboard and activate.
Once you’ve entered a license key, the plugin unlocks and the application will be ready to use.
Very Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the whole process of creating regular backups and restoring and protecting your blogs and web sites very simple. It only takes a few mouse clicks. No coding knowledge is necessary.
Save Valuable Time
As well as saving time and the peace of mind you will feel knowing that your information can be quickly and easily recovered if anything happens, Backup Creator can be a massive time-saving tool for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar configurations.
Just set up your master site and instantly clone as many duplicates as you need. That’s a lot of time saved setting up new sites.
Some additional benefits of the plugin include:
- Back Up Big Sites: Often, owners of sites that contain huge amounts of data can experience problems with backups. Many plugin users report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to back up sites containing large amounts of data may depend on your webhosting service and your server configuration.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be recovered should any kind of problem affect your site is vital to the success of your business, especially when your business depends on your site being up and running.
Backup Creator Features
Backup Creator offers many unique features to site owners. Here are just some:
- Instant Backup. Click one button to backup your entire website or blog. Once your site is backed up, you can then send your backup to the secure destination of your choice. You can download your backup file to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP the backup to an offsite destination.
- Restore Backups To Any Destination. Instantly restore your website to any destination you like. You can copy all content and files straight from another blog, upload using your internet browser or even transfer remotely using FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary “Server-to-Server” technology ensures that you can quickly and easily deploy unlimited pre-configured client sites in just seconds, without the use of FTP.
Additional features include:
- Set Up Automatic Backups: Set up your backup schedule one time and the software does the automatically. There are no files to upload and no cron jobs or FTP is required. Simply choose your schedule and you are done.
- Use Remote FTP & Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Restore, store, and manage all of your site backups in a single offsite storage location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
With BackUp Creator, you can easily perform “one-click” backups …
Here are a few of the testimonials and comments that users have published about Backup Creator:
”I installed Backup Creator on my site several weeks ago. Yesterday the company whose theme I use sent me an upgrade. I upgraded and to my surprise, all of my formatting was lost. Graphics, colors, column settings, everything. It took me the better part of two weeks to create all of this. Luckily, I used Backup Creator before I installed the upgrade. I followed the directions and in less than 5 minutes my site was recovered and back on line! Backup Creator is a life saver.” Warren Hayford, RatioWriter.com
”I just backed up from my site http://mysite.com/customersite (I installed a wordpress installation under my own domain to let them see what they were getting)… when I restored it to their domain (http://customersite.com) EVERYTHING was fixed with all pointers regarding “mysite.com” removed…. Freakin Awesome… I figured I was going to copy and paste all the pages, pictures, etc… since I’m doing this part time, I figured about 2 nights of work…. NOT!!! This utility just paid for itself. Literally took about 5 minutes to complete.” Larry Tosten, Tosten.com
”I really like this plugin, you can to save and to keep all information of your blog in few minutes in safe way.” Miguel Medina, TecnicasParaHablarEnPublico.com
Here are some great uses for this plugin:
Instant Documentation Of All Your Website Processes.
Instead of spending a lot of time documenting all of the steps necessary to make your website or blog work “just right”, or creating a website setup manual, you can just set up your website or blog exactly the way you want it, make a backup copy|make an identical copy of site and then restore it somewhere else and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up a number of sites including identical settings and configurations in other niches. This could be for a regional retailer, or a travel agency with branches in several locations, where each store will manage the content of their own separate website. Think of all the time spent tweaking and finetuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. You can now instantly install a fully-functioning, perfectly configured blog every time with just a few mouse clicks.
Clone A Website With Correct Internal Referencing Links.
Simply backing up WP files and restoring WordPress file backups won’t duplicate your blogs successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and make sure that it references the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another domain, but still be referencing the old site. That’s why it’s important to have a backup plugin that was specifically designed to clone sites. This allows you to perform a backup of site ”A” in seconds and restore it to site “B” with all your theme customizations, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, once again, saving you hours – even weeks of work, and ensuring that all internal reference links have been configured correctly.
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Just Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your site did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and does any kind of damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair the problem, just make a backup of your broken site, delete everything, and restore a previous working version. Your site is now immediately returned to normal and you can then send the damaged site’s files to an troubleshooter who can then try to figure out how your site got interfered with and how to repair or identify any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one final tip:
Archive Your Site’s Changes Over Time.
Imagine in a few years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how your business online began? Or maybe you’ve made things so complex and would like to restore things to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of videos and want to get those back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing important information are minimal because you don’t have to worry about where you have stored or organized all your files. Just go back to when you remember you had that file, restore your backup (note: it can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the file you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WordPress plugin. It was created by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online installation and user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free updates and new releases with their purchase, backed by a no-risk, 60 day, full refund guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosting companies that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
I just have to write and give a HUGE testimonial to Robert for the level of his support. I am one of the purchasers who wanted to copy my blog from one of the less than popular hosts to one of the more popular hosts. To make matter worse, my blog is quite complex. I encountered problem after problem each time I went to make my backup copy. I reported this via the support desk and almost immediately I began receiving support including updates of the software. It took several iterations before the problem was solved but Robert never stopped working to get it right for my site. The level of support has been stellar. So, Robert, I say “Thank You” once again for support that is platinum level.” Eddie Durham, InfiniteCashMachine.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express License – Backup Creator Express edition allows you to install the plugin on up to 5 personal domains that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate License – Backup Creator Ultimate edition lets you install the plugin on unlimited personal domains, as well as schedule automatic backups, email backups as an attachment, back up and restore over FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox plus Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders are backed up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator Developer allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client domains. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Check the plugin’s website for the current pricing details:
For demo videos showing plugin usage, including installation instructions and tutorials, FAQs, customer helpdesk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your website’s data and files is an important aspect of doing business online and disaster prevention. There are many great WordPress backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to completely clone your sites and preconfigured WP installations.
For this reason, we strongly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WordPress websites and blogs.
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
cPanel is a powerful and simple-to-use web hosting management software application that gives website owners the ability to quickly and easily manage their servers and websites using a simple and intuitive dashboard.
This video course will teach you how to use the main features of cPanel to manage your web hosting.
More info: How To Use cPanel
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
This video course shows you how to use FTP (File Transfer Protocol) to transfer and upload files between your hard drive and your server using a free FTP program called Filezilla.
More info: How To Use FTP
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
Learn how to set up and use Amazon S3 to upload, store, manage, and protect your site’s images, large media files, downloadable files, stream videos and more.
More info: How To Use Amazon S3
Recommended Video Courses For WordPress Users
Learn how to optimize your WordPress site and improve your page loading speed.
More info: How To Optimize WordPress