One of the downsides of doing business in today’s virtual world is that we are continuously under the potential threat of digital theft, having our websites and social media accounts being infected by malicious viruses and our business and personal data stolen, manipulated or even being completely erased.
If you own anything where data can be visited online like a website or blog, then you need to prioritize digital security and the urgency of implementing a site security plan.
In addition to implementing an internet security and website recovery plan for your business, you will also want to protect your site from internal and external issues that can result in data loss and set your business back. Having a way to fully restore your site, files or data in extreme situations is something that can only be appreciated once it’s too late.
You may also just want to save time. If areas of your business involve setting up loads of websites or blogs, having a time-saving way to clone site data from one website to another can be most convenient.
As the wise old saying goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.” Backing up your WordPress blog, therefore, is something that every site and blog owner should do. The truth, however, is that left to their own devices, site owners rarely do it, or don’t do it as often as it should be done.
Let’s face it … getting hacked, losing data, and accidentally doing things that wreck your site is all part of the reality of doing business online. If disaster ever strikes, then you will need an easy and quick way to restore old content, restore your site to an earlier version, or even complete reinstall your site and information.
Fortunately, if your website or blog is powered by WordPress, then it’s easy to create backups of your WP database and website files, copy your site to another location and restore previous backups of your site.
Backup Creator – Backup, Clone And Keep Your WordPress Website Protected
Backup Creator is a powerful WordPress plugin that lets you schedule and automate your site backups, copy your sites and content and keep your WordPress web sites protected.
Here are just some of the many benefits and advantages of using Backup Creator to schedule and automate WordPress backups on your website:
Ready To Start Using In Very Little Time
Backup Creator installs just like every WP plugin. Just upload a zip folder containing the plugin to your Plugins folder via your admin user account and activate.
After entering a license key, the plugin unlocks and the software is ready to use.
Very Simple To Use
Backup Creator makes the entire process of performing file and data backups plus restoring and protecting your blogs and WordPress web sites really simple. Everything can be done in a few simple mouse clicks. This makes Backup Creator an ideal backup tool for non-technical users.
As well as saving time and the peace of mind you will feel knowing that your data and files can be instantly recovered should something cause irreparable problems for your site, Backup Creator is especially useful for anyone who needs to set up multiple WordPress sites with similar configurations.
Just set up your master website and then clone as many duplicates as you need. That’s a lot of valuable time saved setting up new websites.
Some additional benefits include the following:
- Perform Large Backups: Often, owners of very large websites can experience serious difficulties performing backups. Backup Creator customers report being able to easily perform backups of large sites. Note: the plugin’s ability to perform backups above certain sizes depends on your hosting service and your server settings.
- Peace Of Mind: We’ve mentioned this point already, but it’s worth repeating again. Knowing that your information can be restored should anything happen to your site is priceless, especially if things depend on having a site that is always available to visitors.
Backup Creator provides many features to site owners. Here are just some of these features:
- Instant Site Backups. One button is all you need to click to instantly backup your site. Once your site is backed up, you can then ship your backup files securely to the destination of your choice. Download your backup file to your hard drive, email it to yourself, or even FTP the backup to an offsite location.
- Instant Backup Restore. Instantly restore your WP data to any destination you like. You can clone files straight from another website, upload using your browser or even transfer via FTP, Amazon S3, or Dropbox.
- Proprietary Server-to-Server Technology. Backup Creator’s proprietary ”server-to-server” technology ensures that you can quickly and easily deploy any number of client sites pre-configured in a few seconds, without using FTP.
Additional features include:
- Automatic Scheduling: Once you set up your backup schedule, the software takes over and does the work automatically. No FTP or cron jobs are required and there are no files to upload. Simply choose your schedule and you are done.
- Use Remote FTP Or Cloud Storage Services Like Dropbox, Google Drive, And Amazon S3. Store, manage, and restore all of your backups and clones in one single offsite location and from any place in the world using remote FTP, Amazon S3, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
(Backup offsite to Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive, or all of the above.)
Once BackUp creator has been installed, you can perform “one-click” backups anytime you need …
Here are just some testimonials that plugin customers have submitted regarding the Backup Creator plugin:
”My company manages hundreds of websites in the cleaning industry. Your Backup Creator Plug-In is just what we needed. It’s changing the way we do business.” John Braun, HitManAdvertising.com
”I am using Hostgator, have backed up a number of wp sites at least three times with no problems. It’s amazing how fast this works. Twice when I backed up a pretty big site, the time on the back up file appearing in my email in box was within a minute to 2 minutes of when it was posted as backed up on my computer. Your manual was so complete and easy to follow I was able to figure it out and do the back up the first time with no problems at all. Often I find techies are not all that good with explaining the how to of their tools. Not you guys. It was so clear and easy to use, it was done before I knew it.” Pat Wiklund, TakeChargeAndMoveOn.com
”I had problems backing a big site (around 2GB) but this latest updates did it in no time at all … yeah!!!!” Serge Botans
Here are some great uses for this plugin:
Document Your Website Processes Live.
Instead of spending loads of time documenting all of the processes needed to make a website or blog work “just right”, or writing out a blog setup manual, you can just set up your blog exactly how you want it, make a backup copy|reproduce your site and then restore it somewhere else and you’ve now got an exact, “documented” copy of your blog setup.
For example, let’s say that you want to set up multiple websites including identical plugins and settings in other niches. This could be for a franchised retailer, or an insurance agency with offices in various locations, where each store will look after their own separate website. Think of all the time you’ve spent tweaking and finetuning your site so that it looks just right and works exactly the way you want it to. Now you can save loads of time and install a fully-functioning, completely configured blog every time with just a couple of mouse clicks.
Copy A Web Site With Correct Destination URLs.
Simply backing up WP files and restoring file backups won’t clone your sites successfully. You also have to copy the WordPress database and ensure that your links point to the new domain. Otherwise, your database data will be restored to another domain, but still be referencing the old location. That’s why it’s important to have a WP backup plugin that was specifically designed to clone sites. This allows you to perform a backup of site “A” and restore it to site ”B” in minutes with all the theme customizations, plugin and site settings and configurations intact, and everything will point correctly to the new site (i.e. site “B”), instead of the old one (site “A”).
Don’t Fix Serious Problems … Restore!
Here’s another great time-saving tip: if your blog did get hacked, or an unauthorized user somehow gets in and does any kind of damage to your site, instead of spending days or weeks trying to repair or figure out the problem, just make a backup of your files and database, delete everything, then restore a previous working copy. Your site will be functional again and you can then send the damaged files to a WordPress expert who can then try to understand how your site got broken into and how to repair or report any vulnerabilities.
Here’s one more final tip:
Keep A Record Of Your Website.
Imagine in a couple of years that your business has grown and transformed into an online success. Wouldn’t it be great to show people how it all began? Or maybe you’ve changed things around on your site so much and would like to return to a simpler place. Perhaps you’ve accidentally deleted a bunch of articles or videos and want to get these back.
If you keep a weekly backup of your site, the chances of losing important content are minimal because you don’t have to be concerned about where you have stored or organized things. Just go back to when you remember you had published that content, restore your backup (note: the backup can be retrieved from anywhere, even on a test site) and grab the data you need.
Backup Creator is a robust and well-supported WordPress plugin. It was developed by Robert Plank, lead WordPress plugin developer for Double Agent Marketing LLC. Support for this plugin includes a detailed step-by-step online user guide, video tutorials, support helpdesk and 1 year of free software upgrades and new releases with their purchase, backed by a risk-free, sixty day, complete money-back guarantee.
Note: Check the plugin website for a list of web hosts that support the plugin and any known issues with these.
”Had a problem and your respond time to help me was phenomenal. Great product too.” Daniel Altman, CarsWithDan.com
The plugin is available in the following editions:
- Express – Backup Creator Express lets you install the plugin on up to 5 personal sites that you own. You can perform unlimited backups and restores only. Price = $7.00.
- Ultimate Edition – Backup Creator Ultimate edition allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal sites, as well as perform automatic backups, send email backups as an attachment, use the plugin with FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox and Backup Creator Cloud, restore backups from browser uploads and choose which folders to back up. Price = $47.00.
- Developer – Backup Creator developer edition allows you to install the plugin on unlimited personal and client URLs. You can also flip websites with the plugin installed. Note: Developer license is only available as an upgrade inside your product download area. Price = $100.00 (+ the cost of purchasing either the Express or Ultimate plugin editions).
Check the plugin’s website for current pricing details:
Additional Plugin Info
For ”how to” videos of the plugin, including help documentation and tutorials, FAQs, support help desk, testimonials, contact details and more, visit the Backup Creator website.
Performing regular backups of your site’s files and database is an integral aspect of doing good website maintenance and disaster prevention. There are many great WordPress backup plugins available, but BackUp Creator doesn’t just perform backups, it also allows you to fully duplicate your sites and preconfigured WP installations.
For this reason, we strongly recommend using Backup Creator to backup, clone and protect your WP installations.